No announcement yet.

Shakur Juiston - Hutch CC to UNLV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juiston would be a tremendous get! I would actually feel better about our NCAA chances with him at PF over Allen (this year).

Bilau would be the better long-term guy, but not likely to provide near as much as Juiston this year.

Comment

Found this. Doesn't appear he made his choice when expected.

Comment

• Cdizzle
        Cdizzle commented
        Editing a comment
        Wonder if something happened a few days ago that made him decide to delay a bit. Hmm.

• RoyalShock
        RoyalShock commented
        Editing a comment
        What I've been able to find is that Oregon got a transfer at the same position, and SH doesn't have a scholarship to give. So perhaps instead of picking GCU by default, he is still looking around.

Another possibility is that SH coach Kevin Willard is trying to figure out which current player he can take a scholarship from. But that seems unwise for a 1-year guy.

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        My mama told me...

Here is a pioneering Tamla Motown record from 1960: 'Shop Around'by The Miracles. It is notable as being the label's first #1 hit on the Billboard magazine R...

Would LOVE to snag Juiston! Come on down! A bunch of minutes just opened up...

Btw, Mr. Juiston, did you happen to watch the NBA Finals?

Comment

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        Time for a ‘rare’ Samajae Haynes-Jones assist. :)

College basketball's impact transfers for 2019-20

3. SHAKUR JUISTON, F, UNLV

Juiston has visited Oregon and Grand Canyon, and Seton Hall is another possibility for the 6-foot-7, 220-pound forward. Whoever lands him will get a 6-foot-7, 220-pound monster on the glass. Juiston played in just eight games last year — Borzello wrote that he should get a redshirt for the season — averaging 10.8 points and 8.8 rebounds per game, while two years ago his numbers were even higher, with 14.6 points and 10.0 rebounds per contest. That could make him an ideal fit for an Oregon program looking for frontcourt bounce after Kenny Wooten left, make Juiston a perfect puzzle piece for a potential top 15 team in Seton Hall or even a star at Grand Canyon.

Comment

Doesn't look like Kerry would have to do much other than maintenance with Mr. Juiston.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 18, 2019, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          Kerry... :)

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          I knew that. Couldn't type it, but I knew it.

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        Juiston would be a tremendous get! I would actually feel better about our NCAA chances with him at PF over Allen (this year).

Bilau would be the better long-term guy, but not likely to provide near as much as Juiston this year.
        I too would feel better about WSU's chances with this guy at power forward over a 6'5" guy who could barely dunk the ball. Oh well, we've still got Trey Wade who averaged decent numbers as a frosh in D1.

Comment

Juiston could answer a need next year while only using up a scholarship for one season, which would be helpful. And, of course, he's had the benefit of having been coached by SN favorite You-Know-Who. Quite a combination.

Comment

• pinstripers
            pinstripers commented
            Editing a comment
            Wouldn't he have 2 years to play?

• WSUwatcher
            WSUwatcher commented
            Editing a comment
            Didn't he play two years at Hutch, plus tow at UNLV, the second of which was cut short by an injury? I've also read that he's a grad transfer, which in basketball most often means just one year left.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Grant Gibbs?
            Last edited by WSUwatcher; June 18, 2019, 11:22 PM.

• 1972Shocker
            1972Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            pinstripers see post #59 above.

Played 2 @ Hutch, played a full year as a junior at UNLV, injured 8 games into his senior season at UNLV resulting in a medical redshirt. Apparently got his degree so he can transfer without sitting out. So can still play 1 more year and meet the 5 to play 4 rule.
        Working...
        X