Tyson Etienne
    Noah Fernandes
    DeAntoni Gordon

Love the potential with this class.

Comment

• forevershockerfan
      forevershockerfan commented
      Editing a comment
      We needed scorers, laser shooters,slashers and finishers and these players are quite solid. Hopefully we get Mr. Wade as well for the finishing touches of a recruiting class that will rank in the top 3 at least of all the AAC. DG and Wade can help us get some more rebounds as well. Throw in Teddy Allen and several existing key Shocks who will be improving their game this summer and our future is looking up, and bright. The Shocks may be better next Season than we projected a few months ago.

• Whatever happened to Tropicalshox.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting (and sad) if true 1979Shocker. His last post here was March 3, 2017. The mylife.com has his death as March 4, 2017.

• choida
      choida commented
      Editing a comment
      I think posting someones private info on a fan blog is in poor taste...I get that it's public information... But I think it's just wrong... But I also understand it's a free country and freedom of speech and not...

• moshock
      moshock commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for posting - He was always one of my favorite posters - Rest in Peace my friend

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    Expect the full-court press to be put on and 3G to go into peak 3G mode this weekend.

When that happens, few have walked away without drinking the Kool-Aid
    3G's strikes again!

(EXPLICIT - NSFW)
    The Assman

Comment

• Comment

• Does anybody have access to where our recruiting class ranks Nationally? If and when this comes out, please post it on here. In the AAC we should be towards the very best in that area with these awesome signings. Great work by our Coaching Staff in which I'm encouraged is an excellent team. I hear the distant thunder of Shocker Dancing again in our immediate future. It appears our dignitary poster WstateU, "feels it in his ole bones" which has been as accurate as the weather forecasters on the tube.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
          Does anybody have access to where our recruiting class ranks Nationally? If and when this comes out, please post it on here. In the AAC we should be towards the very best in that area with these awesome signings. Great work by our Coaching Staff in which I'm encouraged is an excellent team. I hear the distant thunder of Shocker Dancing again in our immediate future. It appears our dignitary poster WstateU, "feels it in his ole bones" which has been as accurate as the weather forecasters on the tube.
          Far too early for final rankings, but I will throw out a SWAG,..........22 nationally and 2nd in AAC

Comment

Does anybody have access to where our recruiting class ranks Nationally? If and when this comes out, please post it on here. In the AAC we should be towards the very best in that area with these awesome signings. Great work by our Coaching Staff in which I'm encouraged is an excellent team. I hear the distant thunder of Shocker Dancing again in our immediate future. It appears our dignitary poster WstateU, "feels it in his ole bones" which has been as accurate as the weather forecasters on the tube.
            Well, out class last year was ranked #23, so...

Either way it goes, back-to-back good recruiting classes was the key. Not just one. Shocks are trending WAY up!

Comment

Memphis has the #1 class in the AAC and will surely be top 10 nationally...two 5* and one 4*

Connecticut has a better class than we do...one 5* and two 4*

Houston has three 3*, but behind us for sure when you look at their actual rankings.

Im going to guess our class was inflated by the sheer number of players last year. This year has more talent, but less players. Probably around #30 this year.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• I was just perusing the ESPN basketball recruiting page and noticed something. Not sure when this happened, but every recruit we've signed for next year (save our Juco, Wade) has been upgraded to a 4-star.

Find what players have committed to your favorite school. Videos, analysis and more on ESPN.com

Could be a glitch, because they're all graded as "80."
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                ShockingButTrue commented
                Editing a comment
                But they've listed Gordon as 6'7". Isn't he taller than that?

• WstateU
                WstateU commented
                Editing a comment
                He's 6'8" and shrinking...

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                The last time I heard 3G talked about DeAntoni Gordon he said he was 6-7 to 6-8.

• Tulsa got two transfers that were formally 4* rated.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                I was just perusing the ESPN basketball recruiting page and noticed something. Not sure when this happened, but every (high school) recruit we've signed for next year ... has been upgraded to a 4-star.

Could be a glitch, because they're all graded as "80."
                I admit that I'm not a student of ESPN's recruiting "grades" (80, etc.,), but maybe 80 is their minimum score for a four-star recruit? I just scanned through the "ESPN 100" for 2019, and 90 was the lowest grade for a five-star, with 82 being the lowest in the top 100 (which still earned four stars).

So it's possible that's what happened here, and that all four Shocker high schoolers were just under the wire with their grades of 80 as ESPN four-stars (not that 3G has ever shown any great concern for star rankings anyway, but it's sort of refreshing even so to see such high acclaim).

Does anyone know where the four incoming Shocker freshmen were ranked by ESPN earlier in the year?

Comment

• An ESPN grade of 80, I believe, means they haven’t been evaluated, but are ranked based on reviews.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Again, I certainly don't claim to be an expert, but I thought what you just described was 40, wufan.
                Working...
                X