No announcement yet.

Ty Berry 6'2 G 2020 Newton, KS to Northwestern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newton product has a new mixtape from Ball Is Life. http://ballislife.com/ty-berry-vs-ja...ll-highlights/

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
      I have to say I'm just not familiar with Newton High's program. Who from Newton has gone on to NCAA Div I success? Not trying to be snarky, genuinely curious based on your statement.
      Vernon Smith - WSU early 1960's

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
        Actually, from my generation and beyond, McPherson has been much better than Newton, mostly because of the Pyle clan.

Newton's program went downhill when they pissed Ravenscroft off and he left for Cali.

IIRC, he promptly took the school that hired him out there to back-to-back state championships.

By the way, I appreciated the article you posted and I can't resist tweaking you because I don't remember any Mc Pherson kids going to WSU. IIRC, Henson went to KU. At least we had a couple of kids from Newton who were on some really good Shocker teams. IIRC, in 1975 (?) we got beat by one by Michigan State, who wound up playing for the NC that year. The whole underseeding thing has existed for a long time with respect to the Shockers.

Since you're a McPhersonite, I'll be looking forward to you reminding me I'm wrong.....
        Dave Leach - 6'5 starter, WSU early 1960's

Comment

Posted in the 'classic' Tyler Brown thread... http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...y-Center/page3

Ty Berry says hello!

Don't let his National and Kansas ranking fool you; 6'2" freshman point guard at Newton High School. Heard from a reliable source that this kid is good, really good. Assuming WSU staff knows about him.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/ty-b...6g/default.htm
          Not only a 'rising star', a...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Dude, Jamal Mashburn's kid looks just like him! CLone.
            "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
              Thanks for the corrections. 1976 was 41 years ago....my memory isn't as good as it used to be. I remember watching the game, though. It was like the Louisville F4 game. Close and back and forth most of the way.
              One more correction. I was at the game. We actually dominated it and were 15 points up in the pre 3 era. toward the end they finally cut it gradually down until Ricky Green hit about an eighteen foot fallaway with less that 15 seconds that won it for them. One of the biggest heartbreakers for Shockerfans ever. Not that much back and forth most of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                One more correction. I was at the game. We actually dominated it and were 15 points up in the pre 3 era. toward the end they finally cut it gradually down until Ricky Green hit about an eighteen foot fallaway with less that 15 seconds that won it for them. One of the biggest heartbreakers for Shockerfans ever. Not that much back and forth most of the game.
                I flew from NY City with coach Murphy, who was in NY City on a recruiting trip, for the Denton Texas game. I remember Cal Bruton had held Ricky Green to 4 points in the game before he hit that last fall away shot from the corner with about 3 or 4 seconds to go.
                Opinion here: It really was our game but they found a prayer and won.

Comment

I was also at that game. I believe Cheese Johnson was a freshman that played very well but had a costly tournover in the last minute or two. Robert Elmore was center. It was a long bus ride home that night.

Also remember that Michigan didn't have another close game until they lost in National Championship game, which made the loss even more disgusting.

Comment

Wait a second -- they have black kids in Newton? Since when? Seriously, although I've never lived there I used to go to Newton quite a bit many years ago, before I was married (I was dating a woman who lived there); and I literally can't remember ever seeing a black face.

Ty looked pretty talented (if slender) on the video, though. And it would be nice to bring in another south central Kansan.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                      Wait a second -- they have black kids in Newton? Since when? Seriously, although I've never lived there I used to go to Newton quite a bit many years ago, before I was married (I was dating a woman who lived there); and I literally can't remember ever seeing a black face.

Ty looked pretty talented (if slender) on the video, though. And it would be nice to bring in another south central Kansan.
                      I woulda just posted the 2nd paragraph, IMO
                      Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Tony Clark, the MLB players rep, played in the bigs for 15 years and lists Newton as his hometown. The Jones kid that played OLB and made all big 8 for the Beakers grew up there, just to name two. Mostly Mennonites and Hispanics, yeah, but not exclusively

Comment

Yes, probably a more delicate approach in these highly (over?)sensitive times, small tyme.

Meanwhile, I know your top priority for Saturday, which is the same as mine -- RTR.

Comment

That Jones kid went to my church before they moved to Newton and he was a fine young man. I noticed right off that he was black, hope that don't offend nobody.........actually no, I don't care.

Comment

Yes, probably a more delicate approach in these highly (over?)sensitive times, small tyme.

Meanwhile, I know your top priority for Saturday, which is the same as mine -- RTR.
                              All good my dude! RTR & Happy Labor Day weekend
                              Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

I watched that game and remember it. Elmore was dominant. Cheese got called for charging on the possession prior to Green's game winner--Cheese was a freshman at the time. Tough loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X