Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decision day?

According to the Eagle article today about Mekel's departure,

"Marshall wanted a resolution to Mekel's future with WSU by April 1 so he could plan recruiting."

So, does that imply that April 1 is also the day by which any other players whose WSU futures may currently be in question need to make a decision, so that WSU can know for sure how many scholarships will be available for next year?

And, of course, what about Orukpe, whose WSU future may be affected by factors beyond his control -- e.g., his ability to get the heck out of Nigeria? Marshall has already said he wants a full roster next year, so we can assume that at some point Orukpe will either have to show up or do something else -- could April 1 be a cutoff date of sorts for him, too?

I suspect Orukpe is a player they wait on as long as possible. I'm sure there will be some point that if progress isn't seen or expected very soon that they will move on. But I bet that time would be no sooner than early summer.

As for any other players, I'd expect Coach Marshall to have given them a similar deadline as Gal.

Comment

Do you really believe it's the players' choice on whether they stay or go? I looked at Gal's situation a little different than many of the other candidates who may not be with us in the future. His staying at WSU has always been up in the air and his importance to the team might have been considered more important as to who HCGM tries to sign to replace him. Had he bolted this summer, we might not have had the right pegs for the right holes. I agree that they will probably wait longer on Orukpe.

Comment

To be more precise, I suspect whether it's a player like Hatch who has reason to go back home or players like Preadom or Durley who we have speculated may not be asked back, the date will be similar.

Comment

It seems that a decision has already been made about another player not coming back.

An announcement will be made once the details have been worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker
            It seems that a decision has already been made about another player not coming back.

are you assuming it has or you Know?
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
              Originally posted by Shocker

are you assuming it has or you Know?
              we should all stop acting stupid and just take "Shocker's" word. I think we all know which player is not coming back, or at least get the gist of it.
              ________
              Obesity advice
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

I suspect their is more to the Orukpe situation than we know. After all, I think other Nigerian players have been able to come here during the time period that Orukpe was suppose to be here. I am not for sure on that, so don't take it at face value. The fact that no one knows what Okon is doing about this situation, with some kind of update information, does not set well with me.

Although Frank Ben-Eze is still in High School in Arlington, Va, he is still over here. IMO, he, definately, should be a candidate for recruiting by us.

With the mention of the April 1st date (which is today), I would suspect that player(s) not returning have already had a sit-down talk with the coaching staff, and other plans are being made for them. I think Kyles and Murry coming in mean that Hatch will be leaving, Preadom maybe, but I think J.T. stays, but has to work on his defense rigorously.

Even with our current situation, and no matter how many new recruits will be coming in, I don't foresee, more than 1 possible redshirt, as I think most new recruits will see playing time to help 'season' them and help the team.

Most of what is currently going on must be pretty tight-lipped as no real information has been coming out or my way.

Comment

I was told a month or so ago by someone who would be "in the know" that if we were North Carolina, Orukpe would have been here in time for last season.

This is not speaking of Orukpe's desire to come here, but rather the politics of the situation.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

We should just have a Rainbow Six mission to extract Orukpe and bring him home!
                    The Assman

Comment

I would think we should be hearing soon about who is leaving.

Comment

With signing day just 10 days away, I hope, that this next week, we will be hearing much more about prospects, and also the fate of some of our current players. It has been disturbingly quiet on SN lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                          With signing day just 10 days away, I hope, that this next week, we will be hearing much more about prospects, and also the fate of some of our current players. It has been disturbingly quiet on SN lately.
                          If Marshall stays for Monday's game, we won't hear anything until Tuesday or later (probably later).

Comment

We have been in a short dead period. Coaches can't make contact with players. That isn't to say a player can't make a verbal during this time, but no contact is allowed. I don't know but would not be surprised if the final four week is a dead period every year so coaches can attend the big event.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                            X