Grant Sherfield 6'2 G 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thrilled with this.

Huge victory for WSU. Won a recruiting battle for a highly rated AND local kid.

This doesn't happen w/o the AAC.

I think Marshall realizes he can now have a chance at any recruit he wants (outside the 5-star money ones). I expect to start seeing this be the norm.
    The Assman

Comment

• The next 2 years are going to be un-freaking-real.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Sherfield, Fernandes, Etienne, Burton and Stevenson will be playing the 1 and 2. The interesting part will be to see how much Burton plays the 1 vs 3 as the season wears on. I like having a point guards with different skill sets. Burton can be the big bully, which works really well in some matchups.
        You'd think Dex would spend some time at the 2 as well.

We are stacked at guard.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Steeleshocker
          Steeleshocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Considering we are a bit thin on the SF and PF this just likely means some of those SF minutes will be taken by DeX, ES, and Burton as they have the size and strength to hold up there.

• Next......Ty Berry. Right?

Comment

• Shock Top
          Shock Top commented
          Editing a comment
          N'Faly Dante ;)

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure he’s good enough to play here... oh, I love the sound of that. :)

P.S. Ty Berry

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Sherfield, Fernandes, Etienne, Burton and Stevenson will be playing the 1 and 2. The interesting part will be to see how much Burton plays the 1 vs 3 as the season wears on. I like having a point guards with different skill sets. Burton can be the big bully, which works really well in some matchups.
        What's your thought on who plays the 3 position ? In some situations I can see JB and ES playing the 3 because they are .strong got good handles and can rebound if necessary. Time will tell. My bad. I forgot about DD.
        Last edited by TheShocktocles; April 16, 2019, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• wufan
          wufan commented
          Editing a comment
          As it stands right now, Dex will play SF with either Burton or Stevenson backing him up.

• GS is a smooth guard who has played against very solid competition and done well. Glad UCLA had the coaching change so we could get him here back home where he belongs. Great get for our Program and home sweet home where his family can come to all home games.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          I might be wrong, but thought he grew up in Wichita and his family now resides in the Dallas/FW area.

• Shocktoberfest
          Shocktoberfest commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure who still lives here. Mom and pops are in the Dallas area I believe. Regardless, much closer than where he could have gone. Plus away games reasonably close to Dallas. SMU of course, Tulsa, Houston and Memphis, ICT not bad at all.

• wufan
          wufan commented
          Editing a comment
          I think I read that his grandparents are still in Wichita.

• Huge get! Etienne and Sherfield are going to get minutes and make our team better! Both are strong with and without the ball. Tyson is more athletic and Sherfield is more savvy. Both are tough and can really pass and fill it up.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Dan
          Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          Fernandes may be the better shooter of the bunch though

• I think your right on the shooting. But Fernandez is not ranked as high as Etienne or Sherfield but I have a feeling he is used to that. The kid has got some mojo. It's all good. It will be a very competitive summer.

Comment

• Let's Goooooooooo! It's gonna be a long off season. Ready to roll with this bunch!

Comment

• 2 4 star, top 125 in the same year. Great time to be a shocker fan!

Comment

• Yesssssss! Great get!

Comment

• HUGE signing. This guy is a stud.

Comment

• We need ball handlers... Now we have a optimal stable in the three guards coming in... Burton will mix in as a glue guy eventually... But will start off with ball handling duties... But I think Gregg is ready to give Grant the green light to take over point guard duties if he's up for the challenge.

Comment

• Shocktoberfest
                    Shocktoberfest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I love Burton. I hope he has designs on dropping 500 makes a day this Summer. Dude needs to develop that shot.

• Aargh
                    Aargh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sherfield is a combo guard. Fernandez is a point guard. Burton has a year under his belt playing PG in Marshall's system. Sherfield isn't likely to be an early consideration at PG.

• wufan
                    wufan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I disagree. Burton was a SF that was converted to PG at WSU. If Fernandes, Etienne, or Sherfield can pick up the offense and defense, they will lots of PT and have the opportunity to “bump” Burton (and I love his game) to a back up role in the backcourt.

• I don't think people realize how awesome of a potential blockbuster backcourt we might have in Eitienne and Sherfield...mind is just blasting with the potential... Can't even right now

Comment

• Stats from Sunrise, some include 24 games, rebounding only 15 games and miscellaneous only 14 games, but here they are:
                    GP 24
                    PPG 15.6
                    FGM 66
                    FGA 163
                    FG% 0.405
                    FTM 46
                    FTA 58
                    FT% 0.793
                    3PM 33
                    3PA 88
                    3P% 0.375
                    PTS 375
                    High 28
                    Rebounding Stats
                    GP 15
                    RPG 3.3
                    OFF 4
                    DEF 32
                    REB 50
                    Misc Stats
                    GP 14
                    AST 35
                    APG 2.5
                    TO 31
                    TOPG 2.2
                    STL 12
                    SPG 0.9
                    BLK 2
                    BLKPG 0.1
                    PF 11
                    PFPG 0.8
                    TF 0
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                    X