No announcement yet.

Grant Sherfield 6'2 G 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was at Sunrise tonight for their game. Shockers in the house! HCGM with the fam as well as DD, IPBC and Buckets. Was a great time. Lots of crazy, high flying action. The Shocker players were definitely enjoying themselves. Grant would be a great pickup. My kids, who go to Sunrise, and think they know everything, told me tonight that N'Faly Dante is reclassifying to the class of 2019. If that is in fact true, then 1000% full court press to get both of these guys. Like now! We shall see. That would be dope!

Comment

• Shock Top
      Shock Top commented
      Editing a comment
      Do they know if either are seriously considering WSU at all?

• Shocktoberfest
      Shocktoberfest commented
      Editing a comment
      Dante is a long shot according to the buzz. Grant, on the other hand, we are certainly in the mix for. But you never know.

Just a quick clip from Sunrise tonight. Crazy. This is typical. So much fun.

Comment

Hope the experience tonight makes it to where he doesn’t want to leave.
      The Assman

Comment

Taylor Eldridge@tayloreldridge 14m14 minutes ago

2019 4 recruit Grant Sherfield (@gsherfield5), a Wichita native, is in the building at Koch Arena for his official visit. He’s in the gray hoodie in between @tate11busse & @MorrisUdeze12, who have been his unofficial hosts. Assistant Isaac Brown has been chatting him up.

pic.twitter.com/pF5pgVyzTI

Comment

Great crowd. Too bad he couldn’t experience a winning locker room.

Likely that WSU is on the outside looking in regardless.
          The Assman

Comment

• WSUwatcher
            WSUwatcher commented
            Editing a comment
            Why so, ST? All those imposing other offers and visits he has planned?

Just 18 months ago Grant was a top 30 player in the country. I’m curious why he fell so far in the rankings.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            Just 18 months ago Grant was a top 30 player in the country. I’m curious why he fell so far in the rankings.
            I don’t think he grew as much as others in his class and he didn’t average 15+ points per game on the AAU circuit.

Comment

This kid would be an excellent addition to next years team.
              If Marshall can get him and add a Juco or Grad Power/Stretch Forward with athleticism who can step in right away then the team would be set.

Comment

Good athlete while not appearing to be an elite athlete. Also not real tall for a wing guard. The thing I like is that he seems to have a good bb IQ to go along with his good shooting.

Comment

I thought he visited last weekend? Must have been an unofficial.

Grant Sherfield is planning to take three official visits in the near future, including two this week.

Comment

Let’s get him in last, and keep him here!
                    The Assman

Comment

I want to hear from lax on the subject. He used to have some good stuff from Sunrise but maybe his source moved on like Doc’s did

Comment

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Comment

So, I can't remember how this has gone in the past when we are full on scholarships. Say he wants to sign with WSU. Is that announcement made after one of our current players announces they are transferring away, or is there a period in time where, on paper, we are over on scholarships?
                            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                              WuDrWu commented
                              Editing a comment
                              If we'd have signed 13 in November, which we could have, it would have looked like we were over. Schollys are year to year so there's really no problem. Some of it may be bad form, but it is what it is. People tend to look at this one way, but keep in mind sometimes young people aren't keeping up their end of the bargain, either in the classroom, on the floor or in the community. Anyone that thinks a 5 star can show up, go to practice when he wants, not go to class, balloon up to 3hunskie, and be a general bad actor 24-7 and gets a no cut 4 year deal is not understanding how things work. I'm not saying ANY of our guys fit into that mold at all, just that there are 2 sides to the deal.

• rjl
                              rjl commented
                              Editing a comment
                              @ WuDrWu, I know about the politics of it. I'm just curious about the logistics.
                          Working...
                          X