No announcement yet.

Grant Sherfield 6'2 G 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ability to stay academically eligible could also factor in to someone staying or transferring

Comment

• Both recruits, any recruits for this team, don't get PT based on the number of stars by their names and
      both face stiff competition for meaningful PT. JB, ES and DD started playing really well together and
      have already developed some chemistry and knowledge of the offense. I will be surprised if they are
      not the starting perimeter players well into the season and any new comer is going to have to play
      really well on both ends of the court to earn significant minutes. TA will be very tough to beat out, as
      well. I could see another Chance Moore scenario developing by Xmas. Having said that, if GM can keep
      everyone happy with minutes played we should be a very very deep team and a darn good one
      providing the overall chemistry is good. Sometimes too much talent can be detrimental.

Comment

• choida
        choida commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree with everything... Having too much talent is only an issue if the head coach can't keep everyone in check

• Shockm
        Shockm commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully, next year, whoever is playing will make shots and not allow the defense to sag off. Our half court offensive efficiency was a detriment this year and any really top 20 type of team has to be good at half court offense in addition to defense. These final two candidates for the Shockers are both good on defense and offense. Chance wasn’t a good defender. They really aren’t similar because of that.

• If they’re good, they will play. Who starts would become less significant.

Comment

• I think what we've seen over the years is that HCGM is pretty good at getting athletes with differing skills and size that allows him to plug and play according to the opponent. I've lost count of games during which I could never understand why player X didn't get as many minutes as player Y when player Y had a great game just the week before. And then a day or two after the victory, Taylor (or Paul back in the day) would provide one of those great analytic pieces that would show that the opponent dictated a game plan that required a smaller line up or player X just matched up with the opponent's best player better than player Y.

To me, this is Gregg's genius. Not only does he target and land those athletes but he builds a staff who has the ability to break down the opponents in such a way that they have pretty successful game plans to counter the skills of the other team's players. I think he lands players who compliment one another but they also understand that they might not get 25 minutes a game and they're willing to make that personal sacrifice for the good of the team and a winning record.

Comment

• Along these lines, I'm sure you guys who follow recruiting closely already knew this, but I saw a site the other day that listed the average star rating of all of each school's players on the roster. I think only ECU had a worse rating than WSU. Talk about maximizing whatcha got! Anyway. It's just a rating number. But also pretty telling. Our coach and staff are pretty darn good at finding overlooked talent.

Comment

• Woodrow
            Woodrow commented
            Editing a comment
            Our star rating should go up after this year. On one service we have the 3rd best recruiting class in the conference so far. Behind Memphis and UConn. Signing Sherfield will be a further boost.

• I believe this guy is a writer for the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, FWIW:

Comment

• shocks02
            shocks02 commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh boy.

• ShockerPhi
            ShockerPhi commented
            Editing a comment
            Tomorrow we shall find out if it's true. My hopes are really high.

• We know the source now, but there is a new crystal ball for Grant. https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Ba...etPredictions/

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
            We know the source now, but there is a new crystal ball for Grant. https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Ba...etPredictions/
            Evan Daniels is the 247 predictor, but maybe got his "information" from Fuller. If so, Evan must trust Fuller's sources.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• My kids go to Sunrise. One overheard guys talking that he is gonna make it known today. FWIW. But my kids are usually right about this stuff. Not sure about the timing but can't sign until tomorrow I believe.

Comment

• Oh man! So hope this is true.

Comment

• Grant has verbally committed to Wichita State!

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• From the 247 article:

"I picked Wichita State because WuDrWu sold me on wanting me to come in right away and lead the team," Sherfield said. "He wants me to come in and be the start point guard and lead them back to the Final Four and win a National Championship."
                        I might have changed a name in there somewhere.

Comment

• The future is bright my friends!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X