No announcement yet.

DeAntoni Gordon 6'8 F 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like how he can go both left or right. Player.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• The next Cle Early

Comment

• He handles the ball much better than Cle, but he’s not as explosive.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Dan
          Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          Still in high school though. We haven’t had a guy of his size and skill since Cle. McDuffie was supposed to be that guy, but has not lived up to that level to date.

• Originally posted by Slykryck View Post
        New DeAntoni Gordon mixtape. He’s developed an outside shot I haven’t seen on previous tape. This kid is going to be a monster.

Thanks. I've seen more defense than that played by CNN.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Taylor Eldridge
          @tayloreldridge
          15h15 hours ago More

Taylor Eldridge Retweeted LakePoint Basketball
          Devin Butts, a 6'5" combo guard in the class of 2019, will take an official visit to Wichita State this weekend.

Shockers still might not be done with their 2019 recruiting class. Don't be surprised to see WSU take a 3rd, maybe even a 4th player.

Comment

• Bluzrover
            Bluzrover commented
            Editing a comment
            I saw that this morning. Interesting that Taylor would mention commits from four players for 2019. I'm not surprised, not anymore, but it does make me wonder who amongst the current roster might not be here next year and why. I have to admit that I'm not ready to see any of them leave at this point as I like what I've read about all of them.

• Aargh
            Aargh commented
            Editing a comment
            Marshall has had them under his microscope for 3 months. He's not evaluating them from mix tapes or media reports.

• Shockm
            Shockm commented
            Editing a comment
            He said "Might Not Be Done" and "Maybe Even a 4th player". It's probably not a good idea to parse all words. Key words are "MIGHT AND MAYBE" Taylor is speculating too.

• Well, Gordon hasn't signed yet -- I can't wait for him to do so -- nor has Fernandes; and even assuming they both sign as they've said, we already know without speculating about any of the new guys and their futures that just based on history, Chandler has had academic issues and Allen behavior issues.

All that being the case, it's hardly surprising that WSU is continuing to look seriously at 2019 guys. In fact, based on Marshall's approach to recruiting over his years here, if anything it would be surprising if he were NOT continuing to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
            Well, Gordon hasn't signed yet -- I can't wait for him to do so -- nor has Fernandes; and even assuming they both sign as they've said, we already know without speculating about any of the new guys and their futures that just based on history, Chandler has had academic issues and Allen behavior issues.

All that being the case, it's hardly surprising that WSU is continuing to look seriously at 2019 guys. In fact, based on Marshall's approach to recruiting over his years here, if anything it would be surprising if he were NOT continuing to do so.
            Agree completely with you premise, but Allen and Chandler would be way, way down the line of players I would mention as possibilities to not be back next year.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
              WSUwatcher commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm just dealing in historical facts, Top, not speculation or rumor or anything else. We know Chandler has had academic issues, and we know Allen has behaved in ways that Marshall would not tolerate from his guys. I'm not willing to speculate on anything else, nor do I consider it appropriate to do so.

That doesn't mean either of those problems will recur, and I hope they don't -- I was simply using them as illustrations of why WSU can't assume they're full up and go on cruise control instead of continuing to recruit. The Shocks will know for sure that they have 13 for 2019-20 once school starts in 2019, and not before.

• SHOCKvalue
              SHOCKvalue commented
              Editing a comment
              I think it’s pretty unfair to Allen to just automatically assume he is going to repeat his past behavioral mistakes.

• WSUwatcher
              WSUwatcher commented
              Editing a comment
              And I'm not -- that's the point. I'm not speculating about or anticipating anything: just going entirely on history, and even from pure history it's easy to see why Marshall wouldn't want to stop recruiting at two. Certainly not at two commitments; maybe not even at two signings, come November.

• It’s a lot of pressure on these young guys. As 3G says, we don’t recruit backups. If you find yourself in that role, it might be a sign.

Comment

• Hope I'm wrong, but I'm pumping the breaks on DAG....at least early in his career here. We had better recruits in the 2018 class & I like the Fernandes get better for this class. I'm NOT saying DAG won't be the next Cle. Physically he's a plus, but he has major work to do.

Many trash the MVC on here, but DAG wouldn't even be the highest rated MVC recruit at his position.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Topshock
                Topshock commented
                Editing a comment
                In my opinion he is under rated. I wouldn't trade him for any of those "Valley" players or worry about my brakes.

• With his skill set, he’s under rated.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Out coaches identified him early and went after him. You may give too much credit/power to 247 or Rivals. Bama does have several Top 100 type of players in that class. I like our coaches evaluating capabilities when compared to several media type of sources who turned into talent evaluators because they didn't like writing stories for newspapers and they fancied themselves as smarter than most coaches.

Comment

• Have to say I think this player could be special. High caliber athlete, shows some dog and comes right at his opponent, defends the lane on defense, and has improved that jump shot through hard work in the past year. Never a sure thing in recruiting, but there is very little not to like about this young man including the fact he has made his commitment and stuck to iit for over a year.

Comment

• I expect that most of the recruiting services put minimal effort in to evaluating someone that committed early in their Junior year.

Comment

• Fernandes and Etienne working with Gordon makes my mouth water.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Does anyone have an updated size on Gordon? The last recollection I have was 6-9, 185lbs. I hope he gains 10-15 lbs before he gets on campus.

Comment

Working...
                    X