No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson 6'4" CG 2018 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone we play is gonna hate this guy and I love it. A sh*t-talking white dude.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• It will be hard to keep him off the court next year. We have some real studs in the backcourt, and I expect we will play a “small” 3 guard line-up with a lot of Shamet, Reaves, Lomax, and Stevenson. Gonna need RBrown to be a hell of a back-up to McDuffie.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Ron Baker had a swagger where he backed down from no one from Day 1. We don't need a Marshall Henderson swagger Imo..That guy was trouble.
        The only trouble that Henderson's swagger caused on-court was for other teams. I'd love to have a guy that other teams love to hate. It makes them weak.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

The only trouble that Henderson's swagger caused on-court was for other teams. I'd love to have a guy that other teams love to hate. It makes them weak.
          I could be wrong but I don't see Marshall being ok with it. Henderson was very much about him. Gregg likes guys who are over themselves.

Comment

• A player can have swagger without being a dickhead...........See FVV

Comment

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, what is one team's fan calls "player swagger" is another team's fan "player being a dickhead".

I laughed by ass off at Fred's demonstration of "letting one's nuts hang", but I could certainly see an opposing team's fan opinion being different.

The "ssshhh" is fairly common practice, some keeping it toned down, other not so much. Frankly, I was more bent out of shape about after the home game against Cincy. Mouthing off to the home team's fans and students is very bush-league and, in the wrong place, could create a bigger problem.

• another shocker
              another shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              wichita state should have shut them up before it even began. them and houston too. six seniors should have known that was coming.

maybe next year.

• "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Watching Villanova this week I was struck by DiVincenzo and how much his skillset and makeup aligns with Erik's. Tough, hardnosed guards with range, hops and attitude. Can't wait to see pickup games this June.
            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Shocker1388
              Shocker1388 commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s exactly what I was thinking!

• Erik drops 29/11 with 4 steals and 3 blocks the Oregon v Washington All-Star Game

West Salem's Kyle Greeley earned co-MVP honors with Beaverton’s Jake Estep. Each had 24 points, and Greeley added 10 rebounds.
            Last edited by Wuzee; April 15, 2018, 08:14 AM.
            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• He and Dennis are going to be very good wings.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• We got a lot of freshmen...9 player rotation... Best case scenario...4-5 players that will sit... Redshirt... Players leave every year... Marshall is going to have a bundle of new ingredients to cook with

Comment

• Steeleshocker
                  Steeleshocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't think we should redshirt unless it is someone who needs to bulk up/ physically mature or a big that is going to take time to develop. If someone redshirts and then doesn't pan out they lose that year of eligibility in the transfer. With the big guys being prep or juco I just don't see who redshirts.

• “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                  We got a lot of freshmen...9 player rotation... Best case scenario...4-5 players that will sit... Redshirt... Players leave every year... Marshall is going to have a bundle of new ingredients to cook with
                  No way in hell that we have 4 red shirts. That would leave 9 scholarship players for a nine man rotation. Every nick and scratch would be devastating to the team as everyone would be counted on to play.

Midtgaard and two other bigs will certainly play. McDuffie, Brown, Haynes-Jones and Reaves all play. We need, at minimum, an unsigned PG to play with that group of 7. With 8 players that basically can’t red shirt there is no back up for the 2, 3, or 4. I would imagine we have 10 to 12 guys ready to go next year.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• 2 redshirts is my guess

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      2 redshirts is my guess
                      Redshirt them all. ES can play all five positions simultaneously. Rest the others and reload for 2019
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Really tough to figure out who, if any, of the so far new players might red-shirt. JE is a Juco, DD and IC have both done a year of post grad, MU (arguably our best potential 5) senior year was at Montverde Academy Center fro Basketball Development, CM at Sunrise Academy, and ES the only traditional high school player says he's not interested in red-shirting.
                        Last edited by ShockTalk; April 15, 2018, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Shockm
                          Shockm commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Without seeing any of these players, JE(Juco) is more likely to redshirt (for developmental reasons) than the prep post players. He hasn’t played basketball very long. Gregg will play 10-11 players early in the year (before New Years) to develop depth. In February he usually drops it to 9 players.
                      Working...
                      X