Half Empty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Empty?

With a record like we have this year...what does Coach sell to sign our most prized prospects?

Crowd
    Arena
    Facility
    Conference
    In coming recruiting class
    Past success at Winthop?

I guess I'm thinking that our results this year aren't going to help our cause on the recruiting trail that much....however, look at Drake? If they can get where they are with their crowd, facility, arena, recruiting class and past record...anythings possible? Right?

Re: Half Empty?

Originally posted by Capitol Shock
    ...anythings possible? Right?
    Well, Einstein was a party pooper; going faster than the speed of light is out. I've heard dividing by zero is what led to the big bang!! Watch out for that one. :D
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Playing time, playing time, playing time.

I think it is no coincidence that Turgeon's best recruiting class came in his first year, when he had an abundance of playing time to sell. It is for that reason that I don't thing the Sweet 16 run had as much value as others think it should have, from a recruiting perspective.

What HS stud wants to come sit on the bench behind Kyle Wilson, Karon Bradley, Ryan Martin, Sean Ogirri and PJ? I think its an easier sell to tell someone they'll be starting from day one.
      Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Lack of success this year and his past success at Winthrop may entice some good recruits. Then when you add in the great fan support and facilities as well as a strong conference and Marshalls personality I think he and WSU will be just fine.

Now, once we start seeing success on the court, watch out. I think Marshall will do an even better job of selling the crap out of that.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by wsu789
          Playing time, playing time, playing time.

I think it is no coincidence that Turgeon's best recruiting class came in his first year, when he had an abundance of playing time to sell. It is for that reason that I don't thing the Sweet 16 run had as much value as others think it should have, from a recruiting perspective.

What HS stud wants to come sit on the bench behind Kyle Wilson, Karon Bradley, Ryan Martin, Sean Ogirri and PJ? I think its an easier sell to tell someone they'll be starting from day one.
          Yes, these things and video tape a few choice moments: the Creighton game 2 seasons ago, the cutting of the nets after the MVC championship, the cheering section of crazed Shocker fans who showed up in Washington DC for the S16 game or the welcoming party after Greensboro (missed that one, didn't we 789?). Also, 40 something in a row home sell-outs, great arena, committment to excellence of the whole facility.

This town treats its basketball players like royalty when times are good. A few guys will have the chance to bring back the magic - why not be a part of that?

--'85.
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

You know I didn't miss that one!
            Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Hookers Hookers Hookers!
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by wsu789
                You know I didn't miss that one!
                Ha! We were west-bound headin' toward breakfast in Columbia, me thinks!

--'85
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Oh ... that party!
                  Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

I think crowd and facilities will be the big one. When you have the crowds we have had the last few games being tied for last, thats pretty special. I would have loved to heard the crowd against evansville if that game meant something more than not being in last place.

Comment

If EO shows up...you may have the lure of pro scouts at every game which seems to be every young mans dream.

Comment

48 straight sold out crowds would sure be a point to bring up!

Just to get a look at the facilities is another one, first class, even though it needs 2-3,000 seats. Have to commend Schaus on the video scoreboard and sound. The bowl feel in there is a terrific atmosphere for games.

Plus the coaching staff.

Playing time available. Recruits coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
                          Hookers Hookers Hookers!
                          This isn't a football program located in Boulder, CO or Seattle, WA.

Comment

Working...
                          X