X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Payne

6'7" F from Coffeyville CC.

Check out Picks of Payne above.

This guy is fun to watch! An excellent athlete, that goes and gets the ball. He is quick and explosive off of the dribble, and definatelhy knows how to finish. He is agreessive on both ends of the floor and stays active. For a 6'7" player with hops like him he has an excellent shot. Payne will play the three at a D1 school (hopefully for th Shox). I saw him knock down thre straight three pointers against Garden City. I wish he would transfer after his freshman year.

I hope we have our eyes on this guy. He is the type of athletic player we have all been looking for.[/url]

Re: Daniel Payne

Originally posted by shocker22

This guy is fun to watch! An excellent athlete, that goes and gets the ball. He is quick and explosive off of the dribble, and definatelhy knows how to finish. He is agreessive on both ends of the floor and stays active. For a 6'7" player with hops like him he has an excellent shot. Payne will play the three at a D1 school (hopefully for th Shox). I saw him knock down thre straight three pointers against Garden City. I wish he would transfer after his freshman year.

I hope we have our eyes on this guy. He is the type of athletic player we have all been looking for.[/url]
    Not to nit pick but if all of the signees come in and none of the big freshmen leave from this years class then we already have an abundance of players about that size. I think next years recruiting class will focus on guards. but im not the recruiting expert.

on the other hand... if this guy is the real deal then i say we go ahead and go after him. sort of like sampay and nixon.

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7

Not to nit pick but if all of the signees come in and none of the big freshmen leave from this years class then we already have an abundance of players about that size. I think next years recruiting class will focus on guards. but im not the recruiting expert.

on the other hand... if this guy is the real deal then i say we go ahead and go after him. sort of like sampay and nixon.
      He is actually a 2008 recruit. But with his athletic ability it would just be nice to have him for three years instead of 2. We do have some players like the ei...Butler, Brown, Thomasson, however PT will be gone next year and who knows who will leave this offseason.

Comment

He is actually a 2008 recruit. But with his athletic ability it would just be nice to have him for three years instead of 2. We do have some players like the ei...Butler, Brown, Thomasson, however PT will be gone next year and who knows who will leave this offseason.
        Plus, if he can play on the wing, he would be replacing PJ, and we don't have a natural replacement for PJ on the roster right now.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter

Plus, if he can play on the wing, he would be replacing PJ, and we don't have a natural replacement for PJ on the roster right now.
          Unless Butler can play the 3, which is what makes the most sense to me. If Butler is forced to play the 4, it crowds up an already muddy picture inside.

Comment

Originally posted by JaminShock
            Originally posted by The Mad Hatter

Unless Butler can play the 3, which is what makes the most sense to me. If Butler is forced to play the 4, it crowds up an already muddy picture inside.
            Since MT said that their work in practice to put Arbry at the 3 failed, I think we are lacking anyone (although playing a three guard offense is perfectly acceptable, particularly in the Valley).
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

If Chris Brown is healthy I still think he could be a possibility to back up Cooz. If not, we're stuck with a wing under 6'4" until we can land one.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

yea i know.. This years recruiting class would be bowles, baker, hatch, ntang? and whoever else we get. Next year is the year i think we focus on guards which would be 2008. And if he can play the wing similar to couinard i say we go after him.

Comment

I thought I would revive this since we seem to be interested. Many big schools are looking at him. Perhaps Ryan Martin can help.

Comment

I thought he committed to New Mexico.

Comment

I don't think there has been any news on Payne, Sanpshot. Doc must know something (as usual). So far, I don't get the Ryan Martin connection.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                        I don't think there has been any news on Payne, Sanpshot. Doc must know something (as usual). So far, I don't get the Ryan Martin connection.

Didn't Ryan come from Coffeyville?

Comment

Yes he did. I was thinking he played JC around Kansas City, but that is where he went to high school.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                            Yes he did. I was thinking he played JC around Kansas City, but that is where he went to high school.
                            Ya mean I actually got someting RIGHT????

Comment

You sure did. Keep it up!

So Doc, why don't you let the rest of the world know who is recruitng Payne?
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                              X