No announcement yet.

Daniel Payne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's interesting. Whenever Ryan Martin was interviewed about Payne he'd say that Daniel was definitely waiting until the Spring to sign. And if I'm not mistaken, he didn't take any official visits. Of course, that's from an article earlier this month.

At any rate, congrats on the get!

Comment

Maybe he just wanted to get it over with. That has got to make things easier when the LOI is at the school.

Comment

LOI isn't binding on a JUCO anyway, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by benishock
          LOI isn't binding on a JUCO anyway, is it?
          Yes, the JUCO LOI is binding!
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Some of us didn't think we need him, but I believe a very good one got away from us.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Arkansas signed two of the recruits we were on to, just like Boston College. We need to thump both of them in the dance in future years!
              In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                That's interesting. Whenever Ryan Martin was interviewed about Payne he'd say that Daniel was definitely waiting until the Spring to sign. And if I'm not mistaken, he didn't take any official visits. Of course, that's from an article earlier this month.

At any rate, congrats on the get!

He took a visit to Arkansas for our red/white game. But that might not have been an "official" visit.

He will get a lot of minutes right away next year, we are graduating 6 players and 5 are big men.

I really like the class Pelphrey put together.

Comment

I didn't think juco players signed LOI. Did Hannah sign a LOI? Aren't LOI only for HS players?

Comment

I think they sign them.

Comment

• JUCO players sign LOIs and yes we have a LOI from Hannah.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

• Bummer. He would have been a great addition.
                        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

• This is a good read:

LOL ... I wonder what the Kentucky board is like nowdays ...

Comment

• "FAYETTEVILLE, Ark.
                            The Arkansas basketball program announced Saturday that 2008 fall signee Daniel Payne was given an immediate release.
                            "Daniel Payne is no longer eligible to participate," the school said in a two-sentence statement. "The University of Arkansas will have no further comment on this matter."
                            Payne, from Coffeyville (Kan.) Community College signed with Arkansas in November and expected to play small forward for the Razorbacks.
                            At 6-7, 210 pounds, Payne led Coffeyville to a 17-7 record while averaging 18.3 points and 6.5 rebounds a game. he also led the team with 50 steals."
                            I don't know if he did something to be released from his LOI, didn't make the grades, or if he asked to be released. Anybody know?

Comment

• Originally posted by OKshocker
                              "FAYETTEVILLE, Ark.
                              The Arkansas basketball program announced Saturday that 2008 fall signee Daniel Payne was given an immediate release.
                              "Daniel Payne is no longer eligible to participate," the school said in a two-sentence statement. "The University of Arkansas will have no further comment on this matter."
                              Payne, from Coffeyville (Kan.) Community College signed with Arkansas in November and expected to play small forward for the Razorbacks.
                              At 6-7, 210 pounds, Payne led Coffeyville to a 17-7 record while averaging 18.3 points and 6.5 rebounds a game. he also led the team with 50 steals."
                              I don't know if he did something to be released from his LOI, didn't make the grades, or if he asked to be released. Anybody know?

I heard he won't be graduating and thus is not eligible.

Comment

• Message board chat says he was kicked out of school.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X