No announcement yet.

Daniel Payne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I read somewhere where Martin was going to be an Asst. Coach at Coffeyville this next year

Comment

That does sound familar.
      In the fast lane

Comment

Coffeyville has had it's fair share of D1 athletes come through there. If Martin is coaching, that can only help.

Comment

To be truthful, I forgot about Payne since his name came up when we were still after '07 players. Everybody that saw him play was impressed. He really came on at the end of the year and I'm sure a big sophmore year is expected from him.

With the Shockers signing three JC players for next year, many of us expressed a desire to stay away from JC players for '08. Knowing that Payne and the two JC players from Florida we are interested in are out there, another JC player or two would be OK with me. They really sound like players.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Yeah, I think at the time we were looking at one of Payne's teamates, but everyone was more impressed with Payne than the guy we were looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by vancedave56
              Yeah, I think at the time we were looking at one of Payne's teamates, but everyone was more impressed with Payne than the guy we were looking at.
              Who was that guy? I too remember everyone being more impressed with Payne as well.

Comment

Barry Eberhardt

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
                  I thought I read somewhere where Martin was going to be an Asst. Coach at Coffeyville this next year
                  From the Eagle... Paul Suellentrop on WSU Sports:

"QPaul, did Paul Miller receive an invitation to participate in the NBA summer league next week in Vegas? I notice that he is not on the Knicks roster so they didn't bring him back. Any information on Paul or other former Shocks?
                  Ken B, Argonia, KS 7/06/07
                  AI talked to Paul this morning. He is in Wichita this summer working out and waiting for his agent to find him the right situation overseas, most likely in Europe, it sounds like. He said Kyle Wilson will be playing in Germany, in the same league Paul played in last summer. Ryan Martin will be an assistant coach at Coffeyville Community College. Paul Suellentrop 7/19/07"

:good:
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Kansas, Missouri, Kansas State, Iowa, Illinois, Purdue and Wichita State are recruiting Payne.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

I thought he verballed to New Mexico, or do I have him mixed up with someone else???

Comment

All I know is that he is an absolute stud! Athletic and long, he should be a 3 or 4 star recruit.

Comment

Going hardest after Payne are WSU, Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, St. Louis, Purdue, St. John's and OU. He will sign in the Spring.

In the fast lane

Comment

Payne is a 3 and next year we will have MG, AE, RC, and AB all able to play the three.

Payne does have good ball handling skills however. Igt might be weird but he could play some 2 as he has a nice stroke from 3.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22
                              Payne is a 3 and next year we will have MG, AE, RC, and AB all able to play the three.

Payne does have good ball handling skills however. Igt might be weird but he could play some 2 as he has a nice stroke from 3.
                              Ramon is no 3 and AB has not proven to be one either.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                                Originally posted by shocker22

Ramon is no 3 and AB has not proven to be one either.
                                There is Brett Burley, however.
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X