Jimmie Sutton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmie Sutton

CBS Sports features live scoring, news, stats, and player info for NFL football, MLB baseball, NBA basketball, NHL hockey, college basketball and football.

A 6-10, 250lb center with Central Florida CC. An active rebonder who scores in close. Class of '08. WSU, South Florida, Florida Atlantic, Marist, Utah, Alabama State and Arkansas-Little Rock are in the mix.
    In the fast lane

So coach is still recruiting the bigs for next year. Wonder if it's a backup plan or he wants 3 on the roster?

Comment

CFCC

Interesting coincidence, perhaps, that Central Florida is where Gene Smithson coached for a number of years before finally retiring.

Comment

Avg 8.1 ppg, 8.2 rpg.

29% FT (noy a typo, 29%), 69% FG.

Was a member of Florida's first National Championship team. He was a medical redshirt.

Comment

why did he leave Florida??

Comment

RDR is not going to like that number.....no.....he's not going to like that at all.

Comment

Don't know. Probably had something to do with his injury, but I couldn't find anything that went into detail.

EDIT: I did find an article stating that he injured his knee his senior year, and apparently the rehab went slowly so he transferred. He has not been having any issue with the knee.

It also said that he signed with Georgia State last year, but academics apparently kept him from going.

Comment

I could shoot better than that with my eyes closed.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

How do you shoot 29% from the FT line anyways? Is he shooting hook shots every time?

Comment

I'm glad that we are apparently recruiting some bigs that are upperclassmen besides EO and GS. I don't think that those two are going to come in as freshmen and make a big time impact on our program. Don't read into it that I don't think that they will eventually be great players but to ask any freshmen to come in and be immediate stars (besides Beasley) is asking alot IMHO.

29% does suck btw

:posterwsu:

Comment

yeah but 69% from the field

haha

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                        RDR is not going to like that number.....no.....he's not going to like that at all.
                        You are so right. Man! 29%!

I just don't believe Coach Marshall will recruit any poor free throw shooters. Too many games are won at the free throw line.

If he was a 60% free throw shooter with the notion he might improve to 65%-70% with coaching and practice, then I am all for it.

Damn! 29%!

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                          Originally posted by WuDrWu
                          You are so right. Man! 29%!

I just don't believe Coach Marshall will recruit any poor free throw shooters. Too many games are won at the free throw line.

If he was a 60% free throw shooter with the notion he might improve to 65%-70% with coaching and practice, then I am all for it.

Damn! 29%!

Coach Marshall "I don't want shooters, I want makers."

Comment

He certainly is a big ugly.
                            Are we sure that CFCC doesn't stand for Central Florida Corrections Center?
                            He's got more tats than the freaky looking guy who hangs out with the crack head Amy Winehouse.
                            Besides, 29% FT's brings back shades of Henry Carr, prior to his Senior year. 8)
                            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

He probably would greatly improve the way Coach makes the players shoot FT in practice. It is technique and repetition.

Improving your ability to score in game situations is much harder, and the percentage he shoots from the floor is unreal.

Comment

Working...
                              X