Abdul Herrera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abdul Herrera

I was under the impression Herrera had verballed to Kansas State, but he is wide open in his recruitment according to Van Coleman. Looks from K-State, WSU, UNLV and Nebraska. Class of '08 at Hutch CC. Averaging 5.86 points and 4.38 rebounds. He is a 6-11, 255lb back to the basket center. He was at Cinncinnati with Frank Martin then went Div. 2 at South Carolina-Aiken before transferring to Hutch. He had a knee problem early in the year. I don't know if it is still slowing him down. He hasn't been offerred by K-State or others as of yet. He was a Scout 4 star in his HS senior year.

Perhaps our people in Hutch can let us know about his health.
    In the fast lane

Just what we need a 6-11 player who averages 5 points and 4 rebounds. Lets get reel

Comment

He's only playing around 10 minutes a game. He could be a 4 star bust or perhaps the knee is still limiting him.
      In the fast lane

Comment

Herrera plays behind Ken Bowman, I believe.

He verballed to KSU last fall, but apparently, KSU wasn't ready to accept his verbal.

I hope to get to a Hutch game in the next week or two.

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
          Just what we need a 6-11 player who averages 5 points and 4 rebounds. Lets get reel
          He is averaging 6.1 ppg, 5 rpg.

Shoots 72% FT and 63% from the field.

Sounds like with Bowman and Maze on the floor, he doesn't get many touches. He does convert when given the ball though.

Comment

From what I have seen he does not get many looks at all and seems "slow moving". Doesn't seem to have developed confidence yet, but with his build and "apparent" skills let wait to judge. Next year he should have more looks! He had 16 against DC on Wed. night

http://www.hutchcc.edu/dragons/redsite/Basketballmen/2007-08%20Photos/021308MBBAbdulHerrera.jpg[/url]

Comment

Herrera had 7 pts., 7 reb., 6 blocks, 3 steals in 20 min. off the bench saturday at Pratt! HCC plays at home Wed., since shox play on tues, I'll be there. Looks like he is getting more PT now and is healthy!

Comment

Originally posted by hutchshox
                Herrera had 7 pts., 7 reb., 6 blocks, 3 steals in 20 min. off the bench saturday at Pratt! HCC plays at home Wed., since shox play on tues, I'll be there. Looks like he is getting more PT now and is healthy!
                I'm thinking I may try to go Wednesday, as well.

Comment

He had 16 points and 8 rebounds last week against Dodge City. He played 14 minutes and fouled out.

Here are some pics of Herrera from that game, and the team pic (#34, Ken Bowman is #22):

[/img]

Comment

No thanks. If he cant start for Hutch Juco we can do better

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
                      No thanks. If he cant start for Hutch Juco we can do better
                      Before you dismiss him without seeing him play, check out the person he plays behind. I would love to have Bowman here next year. I have seen him play.

I have not seen Abdul play, but he would have to be an OUTSTANDING player to play ahead of Bowman, but doen't mean he's bad just because he plays behind him.

Comment

I agree with downtown, this is a very talented HCC team. Maze #3 signed with maryland and Bowman will definitely play DI. Herrera had an early season injury and plays behind some big time talent. Noone has seen much from him because he has been out! Wed. will be my first good look at him with decent minutes, and with our post play or lack there of I don't think we can dismiss anyone too quick, espeacially in our own backyard! We'll see, I won't rush to judgement until I see him play more- but what else am I going to do on Wed. watch K-State vs. NU, no thanks! :posterwu:

Comment

Hutchshox,

Heard anything new about Bowman? I heard Maryland was the favorite, but wouldn't he be great to have as a Shocker next year!!

Comment

nothing concrete around here! All I hear is MD and KSU! Ihope GM can swoop in during our mini March Madness and steal Bowman!

Comment

Here from Van Coleman, CSTV.com, Available Big Men:

Herrara, Rivas, and Sutton are on the list (and WSU is mentioned for each), Vanderbecken and Bowman are also on the list:

What about these twin towers I hear about at Garden City CC?

CBS Sports features live scoring, news, stats, and player info for NFL football, MLB baseball, NBA basketball, NHL hockey, college basketball and football.

All those Hutch CC players look pretty beefy!

Comment

Working...
                              X