Peyton Allen, 6-5 SG, '14 Transfers to WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    I suspect that a lot of this ongoing recruiting and interest in players has as much to do with relationship building and keeping a high profile in the recruiting circles as I does in actually expecting or looking to sign many of these guys. You never know when one of these guys may decided to transfer in a couple of years and having that relationship can come in handy. I think Malcolm Armstead is a good example of that. 3G mentioned on the Coach K interview that the had recruited Malcolm a couple of times and that he ended up contacting 3G when he decided to transfer from Oregon.
    Good point, 1972. Probably doesn't apply too strongly to jucos, more to high schoolers, but it can end up being relevant with even certain jucos (e.g., Armstead).

Comment

That wouldn't explain the offers, but otherwise you make good points.

Comment

Peyton's will be visiting Texas A&M, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, and Butler according to @chicagohoops.

He has already visited St. Joseph's.
        Last edited by Downtown Shocker Brown; February 3, 2014, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          That wouldn't explain the offers, but otherwise you make good points.
          We really have no idea of what the status on any offers, real or otherwise, are at this point in time.

Comment

I don't know how far back our relationship goes with this kid but all 11 predictions have him going to Tennessee. http://247sports.com/Player/Peyton-Allen-21946

Comment

Originally posted by The Cat View Post
              I don't know how far back our relationship goes with this kid but all 11 predictions have him going to Tennessee. http://247sports.com/Player/Peyton-Allen-21946
              The University of Peyton, of course.

Can't count your Vols until they're hatched, though. A much more one-sided set of recruiting predictions appeared last week before football signing day, when Rashaan Evans, an elite linebacker from Auburn AL, whose parents both went to Auburn themselves -- his dad was a running back who backed up Bo Jackson -- was expected to pick his hometown team over Alabama by (I think) 45 of 47 predictors. But when he went to the podium for his announcement, he went with the two out of 47 and put on a red cap, then signed with Alabama. His dad was even enthusiastic about it.

So you never know until the letter is signed (and sometimes not even then if there's a coaching change). I can't imagine Allen at WSU anyway, because the Shocks don't have a current opening, and even if one arises are probably less in need of a wing than almost anything else. But predictions about the future are tricky things, as RDR has reminded us.

Comment

Verbals to Texas A&M.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Predictions wrong as predicted -- but who knows what will happen between now and April? SEC schools don't mind poaching each other's football recruits. Will it work the same in basketball?
                  Last edited by WSUwatcher; February 14, 2014, 09:04 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

It was announced on July 14 he was transferring from aTm.

Then this tweet appears today, which may not mean anything since it's a random person passing along a rumor:

Christian Hansen @chans95
                    If the Peyton Allen to Wichita State reports are true, I'll be incredibly satisfied. It would be cool to see him playing in @ValleyHoops
                    He would have three years remaining after sitting out a year.

Comment

NBCSports reported Northwestern, Bradley, Illinois State, Drake and Indiana State having interest in Allen.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

If he's leaving aTm because of a struggle for playing time as one article states, I'm not sure WSU would be a very good fit either.
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Being from Springfield, IL, those would make more sense being closer to home. It could be the tweeter got his MVC schools mixed up. A woofer would have never made such a mistake.

Comment

Another tweet, which as far as we know could be based on the other one, but FWIW:

Jim Mattson @hoijim
                            Hearing Peyton Allen to Wichita State---seems like a really good fit for the sharpshooter

Comment

This deal is legit and happening fast

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                                If he's leaving aTm because of a struggle for playing time as one article states, I'm not sure WSU would be a very good fit either.
                                That's BS. I saw that too but he averaged 5 a game as a frosh and was pretty damn good by the end of the year. Could be a nice fit for us in two years and even a star in the league

Comment

Working...
                                X