Gary Flowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Flowers

We are recruiting another Chipola player, Gary Flowers, a 6-8 PF. Class of '08.
    In the fast lane

This is the Oklahoma State transfer, correct?

Comment

I guess he didn't transfer, just committed to OSU. Here's a blurb from the Chipola site:

Gary Flowers: (FR) 6-foot-8 (215) from Dallas, TX. Flowers will be able to get out of Chipola College with some summer school and have three years left to play at the Division One level. Flowers signed with Oklahoma State coming out of prep school at Genesis One Christian in Mendenhall, MS.

Gary is receiving interest from Seton Hall, South Florida, Cincinnati, Indiana, West Virginia and Wichita State according to Heiar. Gary is currently averaging 13.5 ppg and 7.1 rebounds while shooting 52.9% (135-255) from the floor this season.

Comment

Comment

Yes it is the ex-OSU power forward. He was a 4 star in his HS senior year. Seton Hall, South Florida, UConn, Arizona, Maryland and Cincinnati are all interested in him also.
          In the fast lane

Comment

That would be HUGE!

Comment

He's a player. He and Mario Little are the big scoring guns on Chipola. He can rebound also. Besides many schools after him, the other catch is he had legal problems in Oklahoma.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Personally I feel like with the open schollie *im still in the orupke isnt here phase people* then yes definently a big man.

Hopefully his troubles are behind him as far as what happened though I have clue what his troubles are/were

Comment

Did I read it right that he'd have three years here if he came?
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Does a Juco transfer have to sit out a year like a Div-1 transfer has to or not?

I noticed Flowers when I was researching how Hannah was doing in games.
                    He might like going to the same area with Hannah and Little.

Comment

Im down for this kid
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Flowers is obviously a qualifier since he enrolled at OSU last year. Therefore he could transfer to a D-1 school at anytime without completing his degree at Chipola. Before the season started last year he was suspended from the OSU team due to a possession of pot arrest. I take it that he never played for the Cowboys, so no eligibility was used last year. So he would be able to transfer next year and have three years to play.

Hopefully he is over pot (if he ever was into it), best friends with Hannah, and Coach Hier is steering him to Coach Jans. However, I've read that Coach Hier is impressed with Seton Hall's recruiting of Gary.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

The info I quoted above would indicate there is some sort of academic issue that will require some summer school. But I'm trying to figure out how that scenario makes any sense.

It's too early in this semester to know he's behind in his classes. If he had trouble last semester, he'd be ineligible this semester.

Something doesn't make sense.

Comment

If we are gonna get more juco guys, this is the type to get. One that has 3 years left. Granted, it's still not signing a freshman, but it is giving us an extra year with the guy.

Hopefully Hannah can talk some sense into him, and they both come up here for next year. This guy could receive instant playing time as well.

Comment

At this point I'd take my chances on Kreft...
                              Jocks & Jills
                              3236 N. Rock Rd
                              Wichita, KS 67226
                              316-260-9800
                              http://www.jocks-jills.com
                              http://www.myspace.com/jocksandjills

Comment

Working...
                              X