Dago Pena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dago Pena

A 6-6 200lb forward at Charlotte High, Punta Gorda, FL. According to the story, WSU, along with many others including Maimi FL, Memphis, Pitt and Kansas State are recruiting him. Will be hard to get. He says he would like to go to Miami, Florida or Florida St, but will leave the State to go to a good school if he has to. From another source, I know he has been offered by Pitt after his play in the City of Plams tournament.

He is a Rivals 3 star. I don't have stats for him but he gets headlines all the time for his play in his area paper.
    In the fast lane

What year?

Comment

He is a Jr. Class of '08
      In the fast lane

Comment

According to this November 21 article, Miami Hurricanes have also offered.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Dago is a native of the Dominican Republic and does not yet speak fluent English.
          In another article it said he locked down Kenny Boynton. He looks like a very good defender with an average offensive game.

Comment

We are no longer on his rivals list. Were we listed before on his rival's list or was it a different site?

Comment

I think I might be able to explain his lack of interest in WSU now.

Pena ready to run

By Justin Young, Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting Senior Writer

He is still trying to command the English language but Dago Pena , a 6-foot-6, 200-pound wing from Charlotte High School in Punta Gorda, Fla., has one word in mind when it comes to finding a college home.

Horses.

"I love the fast break. I want to get out and run like a horse," Pena said. "I like to run all the time. I never stop. I like to get the ball, run up the floor and score or dunk or make the pass. I want to play with some horses."

If you haven't figured it out yet, Pena is South Florida's version of Forrest Gump. The kid just loves running.

"I love making plays," Pena said in his improving English.

Coaches from Memphis, Miami, Ole Miss, Pittsburgh, Virginia Commonwealth and Western Kentucky have been in to see Pena run this year. Pena is also being recruited by Clemson, George Mason, Kansas State, SMU, Western Michigan and Wichita State.

"I want to find a team that runs just like me," Pena said.

Imagine that.

"I know I can't go somewhere and fix everything," he said. "I want to find a place that fits me and the way that I play."

The Dominican Republic native said he'd like to play in the Sunshine State if at all possible.

"I'd like to stay in Florida and go to Miami or Florida or Florida State. I'd like that very much," Pena said. "But I want to go to a good college so if I have to leave, I'll leave."

Those close to Pena say he's a quality mid-major plus player right now that would fit in nicely for a CAA program or an Atlantic 10 school. Pena said he realizes the enormity of playing big on the AAU circuit for the Florida Rams this spring and summer in order to expand his options.

"This is very important summer for me," Pena said. "It is my last summer to get schools to offer me. I know I have to work everyday and play hard. I want to play good in the summer so I can decide on where I want to go."

You better believe he'll be running to get there.

Updated on Friday, Jan 26, 2007 10:04 am EST

Pena wants to run and Turgeon wants to walk!

Comment

Not good. Scratch us off the list.

Comment

Regardless, I want to continue to get better fits for our city and University and it seems obvious to me that this could would not be.

The last thing we need is a bunch of kids who have no idea about midwest culture and can't speak English as a 1st language. We have 1, and at least 1 more on the way.

Comment

Guy did at least spend some time in Ohio and has been in the States for at least three years now, so I wouldn't consider him as totally out of the Mid-West American culture as Dago.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                      Regardless, I want to continue to get better fits for our city and University and it seems obvious to me that this could would not be.

The last thing we need is a bunch of kids who have no idea about midwest culture and can't speak English as a 1st language. We have 1, and at least 1 more on the way.
                      Who on the team can't speak English, and which one coming in can't?

Comment

I think he said that doesn't speak English as a first language. I assume that would be Gal Mekel and Guy Ntang.
                        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

And that would fit in perfectly with about 20% (or so it seemed) of our student population at WSU.

Comment

This guy may like to run and gun, but I wonder if he has the desire to play D or even venture into the paint.

Punta Gorda Charlotte played at home in a 5A Regional Final last night. After opening the game with a 10-0 run they got absolutely HAMMERED by Lakewood, losing 83-53. Pena was high point man for Charlotte with 19.

Game Highlights:
                            Lakewood 20 offensive boards,
                            Charlotte more T's(2) in the 2nd quarter than field goals(1).
                            Charlotte 16-33 from free throw line.

Comment

Made all state 3rd Team

Comment

Working...
                              X