No announcement yet.

Matej Bosnjak 6'9 C Croatia a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This season got a WHOLE lot more interesting.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
      First vision in my mind every time Sasha is mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
        WSU announced his signing.

Comment

The battles between Bosnjak Horseman and Ballard at practice will be amazing. Betting Ballard sends a bunch of those shots 5 rows deep until Matty adjusts.

Comment

Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
            The battles between Bosnjak Horseman and Ballard at practice will be amazing. Betting Ballard sends a bunch of those shots 5 rows deep until Matty adjusts.
            Probably right. Of course, Ballard won't score on him either.

Comment

Everyone knows I'm a solo boat in my affection for Eddie, but I too hated that he chastised Sasha for this brilliant play. I don't remember the player, but Eddie basically threw someone from the bench into the game to get Sasha out, bypassing the scorer's table. Hilarious.

Ok, I want to make sure I am understanding this new guy. We're getting a guy that played 2 years of University ball in Croatia. Then he played a year of high level Euro professional league ball, where he was the 4th leading scorer on a team that admittedly finished near the bottom of the league (a competitive league though) that had several players with at least some NBA experience.

Do I have at least a rudimentary grasp of the situation?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Everyone knows I'm a solo boat in my affection for Eddie, but I too hated that he chastised Sasha for this brilliant play. I don't remember the player, but Eddie basically threw someone from the bench into the game to get Sasha out, bypassing the scorer's table. Hilarious.

Ok, I want to make sure I am understanding this new guy. We're getting a guy that played 2 years of University ball in Croatia. Then he played a year of high level Euro professional league ball, where he was the 4th leading scorer on a team that admittedly finished near the bottom of the league (a competitive league though) that had several players with at least some NBA experience.

Maybe you do. But I like his fundamentals ability to post and position, ability to make a quick move to make a play. His footwork is outstanding. I'm very excited to see how he performs vs the guys who dribble penetrate and throw up prayers, or watching a game of horse from the 3 point line.

Color me old school, but I like the addition!

Comment

I dunno who these teams/leagues are.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Maybe you do. But I like his fundamentals ability to post and position, ability to make a quick move to make a play. His footwork is outstanding. I'm very excited to see how he performs vs the guys who dribble penetrate and throw up prayers, or watching a game of horse from the 3 point line.

Color me old school, but I like the addition!
                    Don't misunderstand me, I'm very excited about this young man's potential to help a lot, right away. I honestly just wanted to make sure I was looking at the right league and his contributions and where he's been.

It all seems a little too good, to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

He never played University ball there. Before playing in his current league, he played in the second tier of the same league (contained just to his home country) and his home countries domestic trophy. Before that, he played at the junior level which are all professionals signed by clubs already but under 22. Believe the eligibility is because the D1 clock starts when you enroll in ANY college and he was also choosing to pursue an education on his own while playing professionally.

16 former NBA players in his league this year by my count

For those saying he doesn’t shoot. He shot 1.5 a game at the lower level at a solid 38% clip and took a couple this year at a 50% clip. But that’s the FIBA line, which is longer than the NCAA one. He’ll be comfortable shooting 3s if he’s left open here
                      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

This guy is gonna be so ****ing good!!!!
                        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Have to admit it was a big surprise… I was thinking a ‘project’ type player.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I think Zapala did us a big favor.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Croatian here. This is awesome haha, that’s all I’ve got to contribute. We’ll need to get a cevapcici restaurant started in town, now. Excited for this signing! Congrats to Mills for being open minded to extending opportunities to athletes abroad. I have no doubt we’re about to have an incredibly hard working young man joining this roster.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                https://basketball.realgm.com/player...Summary/120994

I dunno who these teams/leagues are.
                                KK Cibona is regarded as one of the top two clubs in Croatia. It’s usually Cibona and another club, Zadar, that compete for the title yearly (for the most part). Cibona often competes in Europe, against the big boys on the continent (Real Madrid, Barcelona Panathinaikos, etc.) in the EuroLeague. I’m unsure of Bosnjak’s contributions to the squad since he’s been playing, but being around such competition at this high of a level must account for something.

Edit:
                                Looking at his stats for this last season it looks like he was fairly involved and cutting it at this level for what looks to be a Sophomore-level college player is impressive.
                                GP
                                GS
                                MIN
                                PPG
                                FGM
                                FGA
                                FG%
                                Last edited by ventichai; June 20, 2024, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X