X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockrah View Post
    Wichita Eagle story on Tyrus commitment:
    https://sports.yahoo.com/wichita-sta...ycsrp_catchall
    He plans to bring that versatility to the Shockers.

“Honestly, the most important thing I care about is just winning games,” Rathan-Mayes said. “Whatever I have to do to make the right play and put my team in the best position to win. If one night that means I’ve got to guard a 4-man, then that’s what I’ll do. If the next night that means I’ve got to put some length on a small guard, that’s what I’ll do. Anything to help my team win the game.”
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      Kid plays below the rim. Looks to be a shooting guard. Possesses a decent mid-range game (is there such a thing any more?).

Anyone know what his stats where this past Summer in EYBL play?
      Kid looks like he has a lot of skills .. but at least from the videos i've seen, he's not very explosive. I'm curious to how that will translate in the AAC on the defensive end. I think our coaches focus on that, so I'm assuming there is just a lot that isn't shown on the very short tapes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
        Recruiting has been top-tier, as good as its ever been, over the past 12-16 months. Idk if anyone could argue that.

Now, need wins, asses in seats and NIL donations - Probably in that order - To get back to some semblance of what was.
        Its definitely been much better this year vs last year .. but I'm not sure I'd say "as good as its ever been". The classes after the final four run had some REALLY good players.

But yes .. trending the right direction for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Its definitely been much better this year vs last year .. but I'm not sure I'd say "as good as its ever been". The classes after the final four run had some REALLY good players.

But yes .. trending the right direction for sure.
          Yeah that is hard to quantify for sure.

We are 3-3 of our high school guys being top-150-175 ish nationally ranked guys the last two years. We've only had a handful of those in our history.

Landscape for high schoolers is also very different, as well.

Comment

Antoine Carr, Aubrey Sherrod, Cliff Levingston, Maurice Evans, Jamar Howard, Fred VanVleet, Landry Shamet, Tyson Etienne, Markis McDuffie, Grant Sherfield were all top 150 guys, some top 100. A couple were Burger Boys. If you want to expand to 175ish you can add Erik Stevenson, Chris Brown, Kenny Pohto, Jalen Ricks, and Morris Udeze, I'm sure there were others that would fall into this group but most rankings prior to 247 pretty much stopped at 150.

I'm not shitting on the guys we've landed recently, but I also don't want to blow it out of proportion. It's definitely an improvement over the last couple of years.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              Antoine Carr, Aubrey Sherrod, Cliff Levingston, Maurice Evans, Jamar Howard, Fred VanVleet, Landry Shamet, Tyson Etienne, Markis McDuffie, Grant Sherfield were all top 150 guys, some top 100. A couple were Burger Boys. If you want to expand to 175ish you can add Erik Stevenson, Chris Brown, Kenny Pohto, Jalen Ricks, and Morris Udeze, I'm sure there were others that would fall into this group but most rankings prior to 247 pretty much stopped at 150.

I'm not shitting on the guys we've landed recently, but I also don't want to blow it out of proportion. It's definitely an improvement over the last couple of years.
              If we're talking modern era high school recruiting, that is... a maximum of 8-9 high school guys over the past 20 years, as highly ranked as the last 3 high schoolers PM has committed in like 16 months.

That is what I meant.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Yeah, we're about 1 of these high quality kids being a home run in the Chuck from putting PJ in the damned rafters.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Seven definitely higher ranked, one a Burger Boy. Five more in the range of those committed. And this isn't necessarily the entire list. Just the ones I could recall at the moment. It might be more.

It also doesn't account for transfers or highly rated JC guys. We've had a number of JC AA guys and some highly rated transfers like Kyle Wilson who I believe was a top 75 HS recruit. I believe Bradley was another top 75 HS recruit that transferred in. I can't remember what Armstead was ranked.

Stutz may have also been in this range. I think he was a top 200 guy. I'm pretty sure there were others. I'd have to pull up some rosters and such to figure it out.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Wichita State Sunflower story on Tyrus:
                    Wichita State basketball’s 2025 recruiting class got its first verbal commitment on Wednesday night. Three-star guard Tyrus Rathan-Mayes announced his commitment to the Shockers on social media. Rathan-Mayes, a Canadian who played AAU basketball in Houston, is ranked 168th nationally by 247Sports. Rathan-Mayes is the second WSU recruit in the past two years to play...
                    Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Karl Papke was highly ranked also. He was top 40 early in his high school career and might have slipped to top 100 his senior season. He was highly recruited and had unique skills. RIP

Karl Papke hit a driving layup down the lane with 10 seconds left to lift Wichita State to a 66-64 upset of 10th-rated Tulsa in a Missouri Valley Conference...
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                      X