Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Did you slip him a little NIL funds?
    Step one: have a Shockernetter camped out at the Cookie place to slip some "NIL funds" into the cookie cake box

Step two: second Shockernetter at the airports to give the player an "NIL Handshake" when they leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Step one: have a Shockernetter camped out at the Cookie place to slip some "NIL funds" into the cookie cake box

Step two: second Shockernetter at the airports to give the player an "NIL Handshake" when they leave.
      Lol perfect!
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Did Penny show up to offer him a scholarship for the ‘25-‘26 season?

Comment

Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
          Just saw Szymon at the airport. He said he had a great visit and had a big ole smile when I recognized him and told him we could really use some help at the five. Very nice kid.
          I think it's easy to underestimate how much of an impression you might have made. A random fan in a distant city recognizing a player from a small school, telling him we "need help at the five"? Now he hops on that plane KNOWING that Wichita State fans know and love their basketball. Outstanding!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I think it's easy to underestimate how much of an impression you might have made. A random fan in a distant city recognizing a player from a small school, telling him we "need help at the five"? Now he hops on that plane KNOWING that Wichita State fans know and love their basketball. Outstanding!
            It can be a factor. I know I’ve posted this before. When we were recruiting Carl Hall, I was attending the Juco tournament in Hutch. I had excellent seats near the floor and one of Northwest Florida’s assistant coaches sat next to me that evening. I can’t recall if I was wearing Shocker gear, but the coach (a super guy) asked where I went to college and the conversation was on; he wanted to know all about WSU. He said we and several other top level programs were recruiting Carl and he was impressed with our program. I remember discussing our fan base, Koch Arena, the City of Wichita, coach Marshall and the program in general and how much we loved Shocker basketball. Carl later joined him and sat one down from me. The coach introduced Carl to me (Carl was very well spoken). I told Carl we’d love to have him as a Shocker and he’d love WSU and Wichita. Who, knows, maybe he’d already decided to join us, but I did show some Shocker passion and it might have helped in a small way.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

It can be a factor. I know I’ve posted this before. When we were recruiting Carl Hall, I was attending the Juco tournament in Hutch. I had excellent seats near the floor and one of Northwest Florida’s assistant coaches sat next to me that evening. I can’t recall if I was wearing Shocker gear, but the coach (a super guy) asked where I went to college and the conversation was on; he wanted to know all about WSU. He said we and several other top level programs were recruiting Carl and he was impressed with our program. I remember discussing our fan base, Koch Arena, the City of Wichita, coach Marshall and the program in general and how much we loved Shocker basketball. Carl later joined him and sat one down from me. The coach introduced Carl to me (Carl was very well spoken). I told Carl we’d love to have him as a Shocker and he’d love WSU and Wichita. Who, knows, maybe he’d already decided to join us, but I did show some Shocker passion and it might have helped in a small way.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Before a game at the Dance one year against La Salle, some of their players claimed they hadn't heard of Wichita State. Soon after the game began, they knew who Carl Hall was. He was an inside force offensively who they could not stop and a key to that Dance victory in route to the Final 4.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Who's LaSalle?

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                    Before a game at the Dance one year against La Salle, some of their players claimed they hadn't heard of Wichita State. Soon after the game began, they knew who Carl Hall was. He was an inside force offensively who they could not stop and a key to that Dance victory in route to the Final 4.
                    I was at that game and as a side note there was an obnoxious KU fan sitting behind up that must’ve lived in the LA area rooting against us. He pouted most of the second half and left early.
                    Last edited by shoxlax; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

This is going to date me, lol. I went to school with the Carr bothers. In Jr high they used to laugh at the WSU program, called it Hillside HIgh. I of course had been a huge Shocker fan since birth, (mandatory in my family) I relentlessly talked about how it wouldn't take much to make WSU really good, how in basketball, one or two players can change everything. This went on for years. Turned out Antoine became pretty good and did change the entire program. Maybe I helped make that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

This is going to date me, lol. I went to school with the Carr bothers. In Jr high they used to laugh at the WSU program, called it Hillside HIgh. I of course had been a huge Shocker fan since birth, (mandatory in my family) I relentlessly talked about how it wouldn't take much to make WSU really good, how in basketball, one or two players can change everything. This went on for years. Turned out Antoine became pretty good and did change the entire program. Maybe I helped make that happen.

So did you go to school with Antoine and Henry or Reginald and Jonathon?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

So did you go to school with Antoine and Henry or Reginald and Jonathon?
                          James and Antoine

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

James and Antoine
                            I was pretty sure I knew what you meant, but clarification was crucial here.

78-65

Comment

My daughter is a PT Leasing agent at some apts close to campus. She took a certain 7'0" white basketball player for an apt tour recently while he was in town. She found out it was a player not yet committed. So if we miss out on this one, she must not have done a good enough job on the tour lol
                              Last edited by shockerfan; 1 week ago.
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                                My daughter is a PT Leasing agent at the Aero Apts close to campus. She took a certain 7'0" white basketball player for an apt tour recently while he was in town. She found out it was a player not yet committed. So if we miss out on this one, she must not have done a good enough job on the tour lol
                                If he goes elsewhere we will wait until we see how he does at his new destination before we bring the pitchforks for her

Comment

Working...
                                X