Szymon Zapala 7'0 C Longwood Transfer to Michigan St

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shox7 View Post
    Coach Mills was recruiting a big kid from Stony Brook that grew up in KC. I think his last name is Fitzmorris. I had heard about 2 weeks ago they were all in on him as a backup to QB. Anybody know if the Shox are still interested in him???
    Stony Brook center Keenan Fitzmorris will move westward and join Northwestern for the 2024-25 season as a graduate transfer, he announced on Instagram Sunday.​

Comment

Shock Talk, thanks for clarifying.

Comment

The Rhode Island analyst tweeted later that Zapala was not going to Rhode Island and appears headed to Michigan State. Makes me wonder if Zapala told Rhode Island that they were out and they think it is because of interest by Michigan State. It’s better to lose out to Michigan State than it is to Wichita State. Zapala was a back up plan for them as I am sure he is for Michigan State. I am probably just being hopeful, but to me, he just got told that Rhode Island was out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
          The Rhode Island analyst tweeted later that Zapala was not going to Rhode Island and appears headed to Michigan State. Makes me wonder if Zapala told Rhode Island that they were out and they think it is because of interest by Michigan State. It’s better to lose out to Michigan State than it is to Wichita State. Zapala was a back up plan for them as I am sure he is for Michigan State. I am probably just being hopeful, but to me, he just got told that Rhode Island was out.
          A bunch of people including Taylor and some national analysts have heard he is going to Michigan State.

Comment

I guess if Zapala rode the bench for three years at Utah State he won't mind riding the bench at Michigan State for a big paycheck. I can't fault the guy if he doesn't have pro aspirations.

Comment

Originally posted by vtshocker View Post
              What about Zane Meeks. I believe we were involved last year. Went to Arizona state got a medical redshirt. More of a shooter than a banger down low. From kc area. Not 8 ft tall
              I think he'd be a great fit for the kind of offense HCPM wants to run. More of a PF than a C, but he can finish at the rim, rebounds well, and is a career 34% shooter from deep on solid volume. Sure he's not a true backup for QB, but 6'9 is still pretty tall last I checked, and that has value.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                How many good posts are actually out there, available or not?
                Are we not all engaging in this good post?

Comment

As expected

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I think he'd be a great fit for the kind of offense HCPM wants to run. More of a PF than a C, but he can finish at the rim, rebounds well, and is a career 34% shooter from deep on solid volume. Sure he's not a true backup for QB, but 6'9 is still pretty tall last I checked, and that has value.
                    I''m not sure if Twitter shows follows in order of most recent, but if so TE just started following Zane Meeks very recently as he is at the top of the list. I think this would make a ton of sense for Mills offense. He looks extremely versatile.

Comment

• Geez...if so, 4th school. Played 4 games for ASU. Never a factor. Better than an empty uni I suppose. But if they give him a single stripper bill........I mean sure, a Kansas kid coming home, yea.

Comment

• Right now I'd be tickled to have him

Comment

• Paulino following Meeks as well.

Injured last year and didn't get to play much.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Geez...if so, 4th school. Played 4 games for ASU. Never a factor. Better than an empty uni I suppose. But if they give him a single stripper bill........I mean sure, a Kansas kid coming home, yea.
                            He was hurt early last season and redshirted. Check out his numbers at San Francisco... definitely seems like the kind of floor stretcher HCPM would want in his system. More of a finesse big than a bruiser, although his rebound rates have been solid throughout his collegiate career.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I'd pass on that.

Couldn't pass or play on ball D worth a ****. We can do better than that.
                              Yeah, because he didn't have anything to do with WSU hanging an AAC Conference banner in the rafters. We can do better? When? SMFH...

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

He was hurt early last season and redshirted. Check out his numbers at San Francisco... definitely seems like the kind of floor stretcher HCPM would want in his system. More of a finesse big than a bruiser, although his rebound rates have been solid throughout his collegiate career.
                                Thank you. This is what I get for not paying attention much anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X