Jamarii Thomas PG Norfolk State transfer to VCU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    My preference right now would be Gardner (the 7'0" guy from Nevada) and a PG. Gardner would probably accept a reserve role and a low $$ NIL package. He would be a So and would probably be here for at least 2 years. Then a PF. A stretch 4 might be a tough get due to supply/demand issues. The demand for stretch 4's is probably quite a bit higher than the supply.
    this is exactly right

Comment

Good points on KP. I wouldn't want him back either if he is not ready to give 100%. QB is going to be the starting center but IMO KP would get at least 15 mpg at C and probably another 15 at PF.
      He could VERY possibly start there again..........his best numbers were posted early in the season playing PF. PM seemed to prefer him over RD at the end of the season. We still don't have a back to the basket front court player. Of course, much of this depends on what we might have coming in the front court. As of right now not even a hint. I hope KP has not closed his mind about returning as he fills two voids and knows PM's system. Synergy is important.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

Can you name one? Apples and oranges. BTW, I do respect your opinion - just don't agree with this one.
        My point is that KP did not play as a 6'11" dude. He didn't have the strength to muscle anyone inside, so generally danced around to get his shots off. I do give him credit for being a decent rebounder and passer. He wasn't a bad player, just not what I would expect from a big. I also think he is a good kid in general.

Comment

Good points on KP. I wouldn't want him back either if he is not ready to give 100%. QB is going to be the starting center but IMO KP would get at least 15 mpg at C and probably another 15 at PF.
          He could VERY possibly start there again..........his best numbers were posted early in the season playing PF. PM seemed to prefer him over RD at the end of the season. We still don't have a back to the basket front court player. Of course, much of this depends on what we might have coming in the front court. As of right now not even a hint. I hope KP has not closed his mind about returning as he fills two voids and knows PM's system. Synergy is important.
          Actually yeah, if we can convince KP to play the 4, he would likely be the starter over Degray and that would give us the depth we need. But he's still going to split time with Degray, because Degray is a bruiser and we need some 'tude on the court. But that would be a happy solution in my pea brain.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

That Kung Wu is dripping and even oozing with wisdom today. If KP is is best pf/C we can recruit right now, than so be it. In these days of playing musical chairs, KP would be a 4 year player which is as rare as pulling hens teeth. However, maybe just maybe HCPM may have a couple bigs in the wings in May? No?

Yes, I concur with recruiting Juco players with a fine tooth comb. UAB does this yearly, and brings in players that helped them Dance last Season. We are surrounded with Juco Schools that provide solid players every solitary Season in our own back yad. Future WSU Hall of Fame Coach Gregg Marshall often utilized this recruiting method that worked finer than a frog hair.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Respectfully, Kenny Pohto cannot play the 4. We saw this last year, there isn't really a debate to be had.

Comment

My two cents - priority one is a quality 6'9 or larger C/PF or all you KP haters are going to regret his leaving, a younger promising center and another shooter ( stretch four)
                Priority one is taking care of the ball and drastically improving the atrocious A/TO ratio. If that doesn't change then nothing else matters.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                  Respectfully, Kenny Pohto cannot play the 4. We saw this last year, there isn't really a debate to be had.
                  I refer you to about the first 10-12 games last year. His stats were very good and I believe he started at PF. They went down when he was sat down. Also, PM evidently disagrees with you as he was playing him there the last couple games over RD and Ridgnal. He played 32 minutes the last game mostly at PF

Comment

KP can’t guard the 4. Too slow to guard someone at the 3 point line. Doesn’t play strong down low. The outside shot never developed

Comment

Not to doubt OP, but is there anything publicly available that is linking us to this kid?

He just set a new visit today to VCU and previously mentioned Iowa, Cal, and George Mason
                      Last edited by Stickboy46; 1 week ago.

Comment

Can anyone see if Justin Hill is taking any new visits?

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                          Can anyone see if Justin Hill is taking any new visits?
                          can't find anything since he posted a "heard from" list a few days after visiting here

Comment

JH has had great competition to deal against in the SEC.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

can't find anything since he posted a "heard from" list a few days after visiting here
                              Wait this is just a rumor with no public legs?

GGAAAAAHHHHHHH
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Twitter follows

Comment

Working...
                                X