Jamarii Thomas PG Norfolk State transfer to VCU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
    So who is anyone wanting the most of these 3 guards we seem to be interested in?
    1 a: McBride

1 b: Thomas

2: Hill

With somewhat of a gap between 1 and 2. Would be thrilled with him or McBride.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

In the game thread you said:

"#6 Thomas reminded me a little of a very poor man's AI."

I was also impressed:

"That one Norfolker was pretty good."

lol
      I think WSU qualifies as a very poor man at this point but Thomas won't come free.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I think WSU qualifies as a very poor man at this point but Thomas won't come free.
        I believe ‘changes’ are on the way…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

We’ve got 3 left right? I say this guy, McBride, and a surprise 4/5. I know we ideally should get one of this guy or McBride and then a 4 and a 5, but tbh, the guard spot was beyond weak last year, so would really like to shore that up properly.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

1 a: McBride

1 b: Thomas

2: Hill

With somewhat of a gap between 1 and 2. Would be thrilled with him or McBride.
            I agree with this. You take either 1a or 1b the moment they want to commit. If we are in a holding pattern for either of those, you take Hill if he wants to come

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
              We’ve got 3 left right left right left right left right, sit down! I say this guy, McBride, and a surprise 4/5. I know we ideally should get one of this guy or McBride and then a 4 and a 5, but tbh, the guard spot was beyond weak last year, so would really like to shore that up properly.
              I say either McBride or Thomas, a legit stretch 4 and a combo 4/5.

At this point WSU has to manage its NIL resources pretty smartly to get the most bang for the buck and that probably makes adding both McBride and Thomas not very likely.

Comment

I say McBride and this guy then get a 5. Play small ball this year

Comment

YMCA?

Comment

My two cents - priority one is a quality 6'9 or larger C/PF or all you KP haters are going to regret his leaving, a younger promising center and another shooter ( stretch four)

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      My two cents - priority one is a quality 6'9 or larger C/PF or all you KP haters are going to regret his leaving, a younger promising center and another shooter ( stretch four)

I will never regret KP leaving and all the bricks he shot from 3

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                        Plenty of 6'4" guys who could perform as good or better than KP. Just my opinion though.

Comment

My preference right now would be Gardner (the 7'0" guy from Nevada) and a PG. Gardner would probably accept a reserve role and a low $$ NIL package. He would be a So and would probably be here for at least 2 years. Then a PF. A stretch 4 might be a tough get due to supply/demand issues. The demand for stretch 4's is probably quite a bit higher than the supply.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Plenty of 6'4" guys who could perform as good or better than KP. Just my opinion though.
                            Can you name one? Apples and oranges. BTW, I do respect your opinion - just don't agree with this one.

Comment

PG is our biggest need by far. Most important spot, and the spot where we have the least talent. Another 5 would be nice, but we have QB which lowers that priority. Without a good PG though, doesn't matter who is at the 5 because they will rarely see the ball.

Comment

Not sure why the hate on Pohto? He was good, just not as good as Ballard. I'd love to have the two-headed monster of Ballard + Pohto, if Pohto would bring himself to understand he's not going to start and Ballard is our first option. Honestly Pohto _should_ be starting somewhere -- he's good enough -- but we already have a starter.

So what do you do? As a GM all I can think to do would be trade him in for a younger sophomore that can learn from Acy and Ballard and understands he is going to get 10-15 minutes a game while he learns the system and then unleash him the following year. Isn't that better than having a jaded guy that won't give MTXE because he's not "the man"?

Speaking of sophomores, I wonder if an interesting play would be to recruit JUCO _freshmen_ that are going to enter their sophomore year, instead of recruiting only JUCO sophomores that are entering their junior year? They will be less recruited, but I bet there are some diamonds in that group that can be had relatively inexpensively.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X