Cam Manyawu 6'9 F Wyoming Transfer to Drake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Manyawu 6'9 F Wyoming Transfer to Drake

From Kansas City. Averaged 7.5 pts and 6.7 rebounds as a freshman last season. Does not shoot threes.

Offered by Oral Roberts as a HS recruit while HCPM was in charge.

Best game of the season was against Colorado State in early March: 15 points, 10 rebounds in 23 minutes of action (fouled out).

https://gowyo.com/sports/mens-basket...m-manyawu/8510
    Last edited by TrackSuitAndTie; 3 weeks ago.

So is he trying to move up or down? Doesn't seem to shoot FTs very well to go along with not being a 3 threat.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      So is he trying to move up or down? Doesn't seem to shoot FTs very well to go along with not being a 3 threat.
      Since he put up decent numbers as a freshman in a solid Mountain West last season I'd be happy to take him.

His list of interested schools suggests a lateral move perhaps. With basically every D1 player in the portal I would hope some solid pieces get overlooked and can be scooped up by WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Since he put up decent numbers as a freshman in a solid Mountain West last season I'd be happy to take him.

His list of interested schools suggests a lateral move perhaps. With basically every D1 player in the portal I would hope some solid pieces get overlooked and can be scooped up by WSU.
        Being only a freshman is in his favor. However, he is very foul prone averaging almost 3 PF per game while only playing 23 mpg. 11 games with 4 or 5 fouls. On the plus side is his FG%. Also had 10 games of 10+ rebounds with another 3 games of 9. Need to be willing to be the backup, while being in the position to be the starter as a junior.

Comment

He would have to be able to be a backup for Ballard. We can't have two players on the floor who not only dont make 3s but won't even shoot them.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            He would have to be able to be a backup for Ballard. We can't have two players on the floor who not only dont make 3s but won't even shoot them.
            I think it becomes feasible to play them together if the other three players can shoot threes, but if Beverly is the starting SF then I agree it probably won't work from a spacing perspective.

Even still, I like the idea of adding a local-ish guy from a better conference who still produced decently enough as a freshman.

Comment

Carl Hall was indeed an asset as a Shocker, but was not a 3 point shooter. His Senior Season he came in chiseled and in great shape. Carl worked hard on his shot and improved it from 10 to 12' on in and was still a very tough banger inside which we could really use now with a player like Cam. Remember how Carl tore up LaSalle inside at the Dance after they said they hadn't even heard of WSU

A 70% from the free throw over 60.7 would be nice. Cam being a Sophomore, would help on our balance of not being overloaded with Seniors. Looks like I talked myself into a "yes please."
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I think this would be a good get and being a sophomore would help balance the class. Decent free throw shooter for a big man. Always nice to have players from the area

Comment

Originally posted by vtshocker View Post
                  I think this would be a good get and being a sophomore would help balance the class. Decent free throw shooter for a big man. Always nice to have players from the area
                  57%?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

57%?
                    misread his stats on espn saw 75% but it was 75% last game

Comment

Committed to Drake btw

Comment

Working...
                      X