Daimion Collins 6'9 F Kentucky Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

How in the world did you take my post as having an axe to grind lol. I was just stating that Collins seemed like someone you take a flyer on if you can get him. Sounds like you need to take your own advice and relax a bit lol.
    You have posted an extraordinary amount of times in a short period of time mostly criticizing the number and level of recruits HCPM has signed.

We cannot get Collins. ZERO chance he comes to Wichita State at this point. We took our swing and missed. Kudos to HCPM and staff to get an opportunity, but a glimpse of things to come.

We need 14 players competing for playing time at a high level this year. I will be the one calling out HCPM if he takes a “flyer” on a player he knows he can’t get and leaves a scholarship open.

In this world of tampering and money driven by people outside the University and outside NCAA rules, it’s a Wild West world experience.

Take a breath. Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

You have posted an extraordinary amount of times in a short period of time mostly criticizing the number and level of recruits HCPM has signed.

We cannot get Collins. ZERO chance he comes to Wichita State at this point. We took our swing and missed. Kudos to HCPM and staff to get an opportunity, but a glimpse of things to come.

We need 14 players competing for playing time at a high level this year. I will be the one calling out HCPM if he takes a “flyer” on a player he knows he can’t get and leaves a scholarship open.

In this world of tampering and money driven by people outside the University and outside NCAA rules, it’s a Wild West world experience.

I'm actually perfectly calm on this one .. you are the one freaking out here. So you step back and take a breath.

My statement is still correct. If you can get Collins you get him ...

I did not criticize HCPM for not getting him. I don't expect us to get him. That doesn't change my statement that if you can get him .. you get him. If HCPM landed him it would go a hell of a long way to swinging my personal opinion about his recruiting chops. If he doesn't get him, no biggie, didn't expect him to but I like that he swung high.

I never once suggested leaving a scholarship open for him. If he has someone else ready to commit that he feels is ready to contribute .. you take that player. But right now, we aren't PUBLICALLY linked to very many players. So by "taking a flyer" on him, I mean, if you can get him, you take him and don't hold his current 2 year production against him.

In the last post, you mentioned "trying to fire him" ... I've never once called for his job. In fact, I've said multiple times, he has a minimum of 3 years to prove himself. Saying he's not off to a good start does not mean I'm calling for him to be fired. It's stupid to think things are so black and white like that. He's not off to a great start .. very few people would argue other wise (even if we then disagree with how far off "great" he is). But it's still early. That doesn't mean I can't have doubts .. also doesn't mean I expect ADKS to fire him before the season starts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Did you ever know anyone who felt their input was so important that they had to inject it on everything and anything? Then finally all the people around that person just quit listening to them or ignore them. So basically that person is just talking to themself.

Comment

• I guess it's taboo to say it would be cool to take a chance on a former McD's All American if possible.

Weird.

Comment

• No one knows for sure what’s happening with the final two spots. We probably are looking to sign a PF and a PG with our final two spots. Taylor thinks that they might be looking for a high school player. Trilly Donovan said WSU has been in the picture for Collins but he would say that TCU is the favorite for his services. TE hasn’t heard anyone on the inside at WSU indicate we are in the running, but there is nothing that’s been reported that precludes Collins, and TE probably hasn’t had the opportunity to build relationships with the new coaching staff yet.

We are all in the dark with our last two signings.

Comment

• Just hoping we don’t get a 6’5” power forward or another 2 that “can play” the 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Just hoping we don’t get a 6’5” power forward or another 2 that “can play” the 1.
                A true shocker tradition!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  I guess it's taboo to say it would be cool to take a chance on a former McD's All American if possible.

Weird.
                  Keep your pro-winning agenda to yourself man

Comment

• Strong ass offer

Comment

• Meh...

Comment

• The young man understands how the world works.

He lost his dad in the fall, and his grandpa passed away last week. NIL money matters to many. And not just in a “paid to play a game” way.

Great kid. He will be successful in life.

Comment

Working...
                        X