Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zane Meeks 6'9 F Arizona St Transfer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No. I think Meeks will be close to a wash with KP although, of course, I still wish KP had stayed. We are a little shallow at the 4/5 and can't afford an injury there. The overall roster is stronger, the conference schedule weaker, and our biggest weakness from last season ( assists to turnovers ) should see solid improvement. Should finish third to fifth in conference and an NIT bid maybe an upset win in the post season tournament. My biggest concern is team chemistry with eight guards all expecting to play.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      No. I think Meeks will be close to a wash with KP although, of course, I still wish KP had stayed. We are a little shallow at the 4/5 and can't afford an injury there. The overall roster is stronger, the conference schedule weaker, and our biggest weakness from last season ( assists to turnovers ) should see solid improvement. Should finish third to fifth in conference and an NIT bid maybe an upset win in the post season tournament. My biggest concern is team chemistry with eight guards all expecting to play.
      I think its an issue for sure. Pipkin did not come here to sit and watch, and the two foreign kids already did that once.

      Comment


      • Hard to compare KP to Meeks. Meeks is a true 4 that “can play” the 5 while KP was a true 5 and a terrible 4. The only similarity is their height. Totally different skillsets.

        Comment


        • So, did we need more depth at the four or the five? IMHO, we needed depth at the five more where KP was probably the better player. Granted Meeks is a more promising four and I love that he is an in state product. Sorry KP left but totally on board with Meeks !

          Comment


          • We do not need more depth up front unless some one gets hurt. Or gets in foul trouble. Or gets tired.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              We do not need more depth up front unless some one gets hurt. Or gets in foul trouble. Or gets tired.
              LMAO!!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

                I think its an issue for sure. Pipkin did not come here to sit and watch, and the two foreign kids already did that once.
                At least they know there are likely minutes up for grabs next season

                Comment


                • If there's a Fr who thinks they should be on the court instead of a proven Sr or Grad Student, let them trfr. That type of attitude is always a chemistry issue. Players who understand they need to pay some dues, learn a system and develop better skills will always be better on a team than players who think they deserve to be on the court because of the name on the back of their shirt.

                  Edit: I wasn't thinking in terms of TP when I started this post, but I was by the time I finished it.

                  Second edit: Joe Pleasant wasn't a proven Sr. He was a proven liability.
                  Last edited by Aargh; 4 weeks ago.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    If there's a Fr who thinks they should be on the court instead of a proven Sr or Grad Student, let them trfr. That type of attitude is always a chemistry issue. Players who understand they need to pay some dues, learn a system and develop better skills will always be better on a team than players who think they deserve to be on the court because of the name on the back of their shirt.

                    Edit: I wasn't thinking in terms of TP when I started this post, but I was by the time I finished it.

                    Second edit: Joe Pleasant wasn't a proven Sr. He was a proven liability.
                    Best player should get on the court regardless of class. If the Fr thinks he should get on the court .. prove it. The same way the senior has to prove they deserve the minutes over the frosh.

                    Comment


                    • I see no problem with Pipken playing. I think he has the talent, shooting, playmaking (driving and passing), and defensively. He appears to have it all.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        If there's a Fr who thinks they should be on the court instead of a proven Sr or Grad Student, let them trfr. That type of attitude is always a chemistry issue. Players who understand they need to pay some dues, learn a system and develop better skills will always be better on a team than players who think they deserve to be on the court because of the name on the back of their shirt.

                        Edit: I wasn't thinking in terms of TP when I started this post, but I was by the time I finished it.

                        Second edit: Joe Pleasant wasn't a proven Sr. He was a proven liability.
                        Xman didn't agree with that and he was playing behind Carr and Levingston.
                        I won't tolerate rude behavior

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

                          Best player should get on the court regardless of class. If the Fr thinks he should get on the court .. prove it. The same way the senior has to prove they deserve the minutes over the frosh.
                          Agree for the most part, but I would phrase it more as the player who gives us the best chance of winning should be on the court.

                          That isn't always the best player at a given position & can change as the season progresses. It's HCPM's job to fit the pieces together while keeping both feet of all potential contributors aboard the ship. Let's hope he's more adept at that task than his predecessor.

                          Comment


                          • Not 100% sure where to put this, but Taylor E says on 92.3 that the newest big is an overseas addition.

                            Said should be announced soon but WSU is jumping through the international hoops to get him announced.
                            Last edited by ShockerExpress; 3 weeks ago.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                              Not 100% sure where to put this, but Taylor E says on 92.3 that the newest big is an overseas addition.

                              Said should be announced soon but WSU is jumping through the international hoops to get him announced.
                              I’m having EO flashbacks. Hopefully less red tape than EO’s slow boat from Africa.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

                              Comment


                              • Eager to learn more. Thank you ShockerExpress
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X