Isaiah Philmore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isaiah Philmore

6'6" 200 PF. Bel Aire (MD) John Carrol School. Class of '09.

Recruited by G'Town, KU, KSU, Maryland and Wichita State.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Re: Isaiah Philmore

Originally posted by SubGod22
    6'6" 200 PF. Bel Aire (MD) John Carrol School. Class of '09.

Recruited by G'Town, KU, KSU, Maryland and Wichita State.
    That's an interesting list with all 3 Kansas schools... and he's not from the Midwest.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

One article said he transferred there from a high school in Kansas. Does anyone know where he came from

Comment

The other headliner is promising 6-7 sophomore Isaiah Philmore, who starred at St. Xavier of Junction City, KS last year, averaging 39 ppg. The 198-pounder, who relocated with his military family and whose mother is from Germany, is a sleek combo forward with 'inside-outside' skills, three-point shooting ability and a great frame that is still growing and filling out.

"He is a multi-dimensional scorer and athlete," Martin said of his top transfer. "He can score inside and out and plays with a quiet demeanor, a calm excellence but can really turn it on."

Philmore plays in the summertime for the Delaware Sharpshooters AAU program. He has a 3.3 GPA and gets after it on the glass.

"I have lived in Kansas, Germany, Alabama, all over growing up," said Philmore, who said he did not begin playing basketball seriously until the 8th grade. "I have received recruiting letters from Maryland, Kansas, also Rutgers and Kansas State early on. Maryland is a definitely a school I will be looking at."
        There was an article about St. Xavier's in the Eagle a few days ago and how they only have 5 players out for basketball...and 2 of them are girls.

Comment

"After shining on Wednesday night, Isaiah Philmore started slow against Horizon and looked frustrated against Withey's imposing 7-foot frame. But as the game went along, the sophomore's play improved. Philmore finished with 16 points and 10 rebounds." Rivals

His team plays again today at 3:30

Comment

http://www.chick-fil-aclassic.com/summary/game13.htm -Box Score

Isaiah had a double-double and went 8-8 from the line. Also had 2 blocks.

http://www.chick-fil-aclassic.com/summary/game3.htm - 1st Game

Comment

Comment

Isaiah Philmore's stats from this week

PPG 18.7 RPG 10.3 APG 1.0
                FG 20-33 FG% 61%
                FT 16-19 FT% 84%
                BPG 1.3 SPG 0.3
                3FG 0-2 3FG% 0%

Comment

He had another double double and made the all tournament first team. He averaged over 10 boards for the tournament.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Says he just moved from Kansas to Maryland, hopefully he wants to come back to his home state.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02
                      http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=623623

Says he just moved from Kansas to Maryland, hopefully he wants to come back to his home state.
                      Here's a quote from the Baltimore Sun. Hopefully he liked Kansas more than his mom.

"My mom really wanted to get out of Kansas, didn't like it there," said Philmore, a standout at Reebok Camop Next in Neptune, N.J., this past summer. "So, she looked on the Internet and decided it would be good to come East."

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound
                        Originally posted by shocks02
                        http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=623623

Here's a quote from the Baltimore Sun. Hopefully he liked Kansas more than his mom.

"My mom really wanted to get out of Kansas, didn't like it there," said Philmore, a standout at Reebok Camop Next in Neptune, N.J., this past summer. "So, she looked on the Internet and decided it would be good to come East."
                        Hopefully they lived in Lawrence

Comment

:lol:

It was actually Junction City. So I can see her dismay with Kansas.

Comment

He's on the front of rivals but has yet to receive any stars :shock:

Comment

Justin Young of Rivals was impressed with his performance at the Chick-fil-A Classic and named him on of the top 5 performers.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                              X