2022 Commits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Commits

When do we get nervous over the fact we currently have zero commits for next year. How many spots do we anticipate being open? Is IB shaving?

Hopefully, our five 4th year juniors have given HCIB some heads up on their intentions. Add in that ETN is now a wild card with the NBA looking farther away than at the beginning of the year.

Could DD be looking at a master's program?

Will Grant want that 2 year at a full 4th year university?

Porter is just now coming into his own. Will he want a 5th year to aid him in getting pro ball overseas?

Udeze will have already been here 4 years and also had a Prep year after his senior year of HS.

No idea about JP.

Can HCIB hold on to Abidde and Ricks?

Lots of question marks.

Comment

If my math is correct, we have no seniors and 5 juniors on the roster. I would guess that Mo and DD are probably 50/50 on returning. At least one of the others will probably transfer. That would leave potentially three scholarships. If TE doesn't come back that would be a fourth.

There are currently 12 offers out on kids in the 2022 class. Most kids these days choose not to commit early anymore as they are looking to maximize their interest in to spring which I believe the signing day is April 13th. I am not all that concerned with the fact that we don't have any commits/signees yet.

Comment

I'm a little nervous that we have no one .. that said ... transfer portal is WAY more important now than trying to find HS diamonds in the rough.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          I'm a little nervous that we have no one .. that said ... transfer portal is WAY more important now than trying to find HS diamonds in the rough.
          Now it's find transfer portal diamonds in the rough. That hasn't worked out well so far.

Comment

Joe - graduate and move on
            Qua - graduate and move on
            Porter - stay for 1 more year
            DD - indifferent, I think he could help if he stays, good leader
            Tyson - stay or go. He hurts us as much as he helps.
            Udeze - not sure there is more upside. If he can get a Euro contract, take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Joe - graduate and move on
              Qua - graduate and move on
              Porter - stay for 1 more year
              DD - indifferent, I think he could help if he stays, good leader
              Tyson - stay or go. He hurts us as much as he helps.
              Udeze - not sure there is more upside. If he can get a Euro contract, take it.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Just like WSU win total in the AAC this season.

A big goose egg, so far.
                The Assman

Comment

We may yet corral a D-2 guy

Comment

Okay, is it because they are going after upper crust players? Maybe they should aim a little lower until they get mutual interest?
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Hopefully anyone they have been recruiting showed up today.

That is what CKA used to be like on a regular basis.
                      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

It was really good today and I’m totally spent. Of course that doesn’t take much for an old geyser like myself. I’m sure I’ve attended more games than most of you the past 50+ years; today’s game was a game for the ages and Houston’s post-game celebration confirmed it.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

It was really good today and I’m totally spent. Of course that doesn’t take much for an old geyser like myself. I’m sure I’ve attended more games than most of you the past 50+ years; today’s game was a game for the ages and Houston’s post-game celebration confirmed it.
                          They acted like they won the Natty
                          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Yea, coach Easterling had a recruit from Lubbock, TX in. Great atmosphere for a golfer to witness today.

Comment

Has anyone seen Adriel Smith play a for Rose Hill? (Wichita kid that started at East)

Not saying he is an AAC level player or not, but he is a pretty solid little combo guard.

They have a Junior that can stroke it too; Kellan Simoneau. (Same goes for him, regarding the AAC)

Just nice to give some local area talent some props.
                              Last edited by Shock Top; February 24, 2022, 09:38 PM.
                              The Assman

Comment

Working...
                              X