Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ezra Ausar - 6'8" PF Class of 2022 Offered

Kudos to wichshock65 for this one.

The Shockers have offered this 6'8" PF out of Liberty Heights Athletic Institute in Snellville, GA. Also played at IMG Academy. Other offers include McNeese State, Sam Houston State, and UMASS. Interest from Florida Atlantic, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Virginia

2022-23: Became the first Pirate freshman since 2019 to be unanimously named to the AAC All-Freshman team ... Recorded 18 points and a career-high 19 rebounds...

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...a-ausar-279332

Highlights:

Comment

I'd like to see more video of this kid. He seems far from developed but has a lot of things I believe could be worked with. He's got good size, length and decent athleticism. I know the videos are over a year old that I just watched so who knows what he's working on and how far he's progressed. Doesn't strike me, from what I've been able to see, as a guy who would be an immediate contributor, but could develop into one.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

He reminds me of a young Rashard Kelly, or Carl Hall who may be able to improve his perimeter skills. More of a 4/5 type of kid that's better at posting up at this time. Very strong, has some explosive, quick jumping ability to him, and a relentless rebounder. Shooting is something he can probably improve with practice and experience.

Comment

I'm not sure I seen in him the kind of motor and work that a Hall or especially a Kelly had. Not that he was lazy, but I wasn't seeing that level of aggression and desire, though Kelly is the highest of bars when it comes to that kind of junkyard dog, sacrifice everything to get the ball mentality. We are lacking that on this years team. There are a couple of guys that have some of that, but I wouldn't put them at Kelly levels either.

But I don't want to be all negative on this kid because I don't feel that way. I do see good potential in him. And we could definitely use some more size and athleticism going forward at the 4/5 spots. It would be nice if we get King so along with Abbide and Pohto and Jackson we have some depth at the 4/5 and a kid like this could still get his feet wet without having to be thrown into the fire. Though again, I'd like to see some video this season to see where he's currently at to more accurately draw a conclusion in that regard.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            I'm not sure I seen in him the kind of motor and work that a Hall or especially a Kelly had. Not that he was lazy, but I wasn't seeing that level of aggression and desire, though Kelly is the highest of bars when it comes to that kind of junkyard dog, sacrifice everything to get the ball mentality. We are lacking that on this years team. There are a couple of guys that have some of that, but I wouldn't put them at Kelly levels either.

But I don't want to be all negative on this kid because I don't feel that way. I do see good potential in him. And we could definitely use some more size and athleticism going forward at the 4/5 spots. It would be nice if we get King so along with Abbide and Pohto and Jackson we have some depth at the 4/5 and a kid like this could still get his feet wet without having to be thrown into the fire. Though again, I'd like to see some video this season to see where he's currently at to more accurately draw a conclusion in that regard.
            You're supposing that both Hall and Kelly showed that motor during their young high school careers as a Sophomore or Junior (not sure when video was made). They may have developed that motor later. A "motor" is difficult (I would say impossible) to evaluate from a hi-lite video, although one or two hi-lites showed him rebounding his missed shot.

I was comparing athleticism, and strengths, such as rebounding, and low post skills.

Comment

Some of those rebounds on his own missed shots were because he pulled a Rodman and just threw it up there knowing there was no chance of the ball going in. Maybe it's a good strategy, but I'm not a fan of those particular plays for that reason.

You are right that in that the motor aspect is generally you have it or you don't. You can rev it up from time to time if it's in there. Even outside of the motor, I'm not sure I'm ready to compare any part of his game to those two at this time, but as I've stated multiple times, they're old videos but that's all we have to go off of right now. And from what I recall, Kelly always had that motor. You saw it in HS videos and heard about it from his coaches. Maybe those videos were of an older Kelly than this kid is in these videos.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                Some of those rebounds on his own missed shots were because he pulled a Rodman and just threw it up there knowing there was no chance of the ball going in. Maybe it's a good strategy, but I'm not a fan of those particular plays for that reason.

You are right that in that the motor aspect is generally you have it or you don't. You can rev it up from time to time if it's in there. Even outside of the motor, I'm not sure I'm ready to compare any part of his game to those two at this time, but as I've stated multiple times, they're old videos but that's all we have to go off of right now. And from what I recall, Kelly always had that motor. You saw it in HS videos and heard about it from his coaches. Maybe those videos were of an older Kelly than this kid is in these videos.
                Kelly was in a prep school year following his graduation. Hall was a Juco kid. I’m just not willing to speculate as much as you from this video. I’m sure our coaches know whether this kid has revved up motor but I can’t tell. This kid has some skills to work with but he isn’t a highly recruited, or highly ranked basketball player. I’m not sure how high he is on our list. I guess that Ricky Council was not a high rated recruit either, even though he is a wing, and this kid is more of a low post player.

Comment

Commits to ECU:

Comment

Working...
                  X