Jordan Pope - 6’0” PG Class of 2022, on official WSU visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B&Gpassion View Post

I haven’t seen anything that says he’s taken OV’s to anywhere other than WSU. I see those others listed as having his interest but don’t know if he’s visited. Have we actually offered Jordan?
    edit….just saw on his Twitter we have offered.

https://twitter.com/jpope0/status/14...769034754?s=21
    A little late to the party? Taylor above verified that he was on an OV. Schools don't give an OV without the player being offered. Maybe he's on the way up, but there is no one that I've seen that has offered him but us who doesn't have a bad basketball program. He may be a nice piece in out program, but I'm not buying him being a PG of the future here. Not yet.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
        Love this and IB and staff seem to really know how to recruit. Probably a good idea to start establishing a west coast recruiting foot print.

Comment

Doo-Dah no longer open?

Comment

A couple of comments from Taylor's article make me wonder if he will ever make it here. He stated that he thought his recruiting would blow up more by now. That has me wondering if he is holding out for an offer from one of the traditional powers. The other is that he says he wants to wait until spring to commit, which really just ties in with the first comment. I guess we will wait and see. Sounds like he had a great visit, so maybe that puts us at the top of his current offers.

Comment

If basketball doesn’t work out, at least he’s got his jazz hands down!
              Livin the dream

Comment

As I'm learning more about Pope, I'm getting a more positive outlook. "Score first" point guard who "can create for teammates" sounds like some of the combo guards that have came and went when they weren't able to convert to playing PG at this level.

Still not completely sold, but not as negative as I was before taylor's article - particularly the part about 247 rating him as the #166 prospect in his class.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockadaisical View Post
                  A couple of comments from Taylor's article make me wonder if he will ever make it here. He stated that he thought his recruiting would blow up more by now. That has me wondering if he is holding out for an offer from one of the traditional powers. The other is that he says he wants to wait until spring to commit, which really just ties in with the first comment. I guess we will wait and see. Sounds like he had a great visit, so maybe that puts us at the top of his current offers.
                  Don't mind a guy who thinks he's undervalued, especially in a PG. We had a pretty good run with two or three guys who had that chip on their shoulders. That said, I would be surprised if we land him just based on geography alone. We haven't had that many dudes from the Pacific Time zone.
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Guessing he's holding out for a Pac-12 offer?

Comment

Can't fault a kid for having a desire to play closer to home if he can.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Tough look for the "this coaching staff isn't recruiting new players" crowd.

Comment

Never said they weren't recruiting good players. Just missing on all of them. This is good news though.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Tough look for the "this coaching staff isn't recruiting new players" crowd.
                            What an odd thing to say. 3 win OSU. 12-16 Nevada. 13-12 WSU. And 23-8 SFU.

Comment

Averaging 16.6 points, 3.3 rebounds, and 4.3 assists. Shooting 42.4% from the field and 42.9% from three. This is in 10 games this season for Prolific Prep.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                Never said they weren't recruiting good players. Just missing on all of them. This is good news though.
                                I was referring to the comments I have seen recently suggesting that we aren't recruiting for 2022 because everyone could technically come back next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X