Jalen Hooks - 6'8" SF Class of 2023 Offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jalen Hooks - 6'8" SF Class of 2023 Offered

Shockers have offered this 6'8" SF out of Crispus Attucks HS in Indianapolis. Ranked #50 overall nationally by 247 Sports and #73 nationally by Rivals in the class of 2023. Other offers include Butler, Illinois, LSU, Xavier, IUPUI, Tulane, Georgia, Marquette, and Depaul. Interest being reported from Indiana, Kansas, Michigan St., Purdue, and Wisconsin.

My comparison would be Cle Early. Long athletic kid with a high motor. Can shoot from distance and runs the floor well.

Jalen Hooks - 2023 3 Star Small forward for Donda Academy (Simi Valley, CA) on Rivals.com

Highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/v/2D5r9g

Comment

Hoosiers!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        Hoosiers!!!!
        Doesn’t look too much like Norman Dale is coaching his team. I didn’t see any passes, let alone 5 before a shot goes up.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Doesn’t look too much like Norman Dale is coaching his team. I didn’t see any passes, let alone 5 before a shot goes up.
          It was a reference to Crispus Attucks High School.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

It was a reference to Crispus Attucks High School.
            I know. ;)
            Livin the dream

Comment

Taking a post-grad year at Sunrise.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                Taking a post-grad year at Sunrise.

What’s the NIL look like at Sunrise?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Massive

Comment

So, why has his name come up again? Is he in play now?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

This is just a guess, but school tuition, Room and Board (often living with a host family), basketball coaching, etc. would be what SCA would offer. They (I know some people at SCA, and this mission story, below, is what they claim to be their mission) consider this their mission (not money) as a school. I know that their teachers are not paid well. Maybe there is a wealthy benefactor that I'm not aware of that contributes, but not to teachers. Why a post grad student who is highly recruited to other schools would go there outside of this mission, I have no idea.

"The film does features interviews with coaches and players, including one with Gatorade National Player of the Year Grady Dick, a 6-foot-8-inch small forward who’s headed to the University of Kansas this fall."

“Just the fact that we get to learn about Christ and read the Bible and study different topics within the Bible every single day — we start early, and then every Wednesday, we have chapel also,” Dick says. “It’s like they’re feeding us every day.”

https://religionunplugged.com/news/2...istian-academy

Comment

Maybe a grade problem?

If he lives in Kansas for a year he would qualify academically at KU with lower in-state academic requirements.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                          So, why has his name come up again? Is he in play now?
                          He has a previous offer from WSU.

Comment

Working...
                          X