No announcement yet.

Jalen Ricks 6'6 G/SF 2021 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this “signing.” HCIB is binging in some size, length and athleticism to his squad. That’s a pretty solid recruiting class he’s put together.

Comment

Impressive pickup on multiple levels. 1. Late in the recruiting season to get a top 200 guy. 2. Beating out some stiff competition who had been recruiting him for a while. ,3. 4.0 student who can ball ,4. Fits the bill of what IB said he was looking for, a high upside guard to develop

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Tall. Skilled. Long. Athletic.
        Intelligent.

P.S. This isn’t a knock on anyone else in the program, but a 4.0 always gets my attention.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Shockadaisical View Post
          Impressive pickup on multiple levels. 1. Late in the recruiting season to get a top 200 guy. 2. Beating out some stiff competition who had been recruiting him for a while. ,3. 4.0 student who can ball ,4. Fits the bill of what IB said he was looking for, a high upside guard to develop
          I'm pretty sure he's an Arkansas native .. so stealing him from Arkansas is a big win in itself.

He's going to be on campus in less than a week .. lets go!!

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Intelligent.

P.S. This isn’t a knock on anyone else in the program, but a 4.0 always gets my attention.
            Hopefully this translates to BBIQ. Seems we were sorely lacking in this area at times last year.

Comment

Anybody still doubt HCIB's ability to recruit?
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                Anybody still doubt HCIB's ability to recruit?
                I’m definitely starting to like what I see.
                The Assman

Comment

Lot's of good skills from a strong nationally respected program. A long athletic player in the same vein as Dexter and Ricky. A very good shooter, and rebounder. Tremendous potential on the defensive end. Last year, I wasn't always happy with Ricky Council's effort, and the minutes he sat, said to me that IB wasn't always happy with it either. This year, no one can afford to give bad effort or they can sit. Great late recruiting get.

Comment

Hard to imagine not being excited about all of the guys coming in. At least on paper, they address our three biggest weaknesses last year - shooting, rebounding and length.

Very excited to be back in a packed Koch arena next year to see these guys develop.

American conference is on notice.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                      Hard to imagine not being excited about all of the guys coming in. At least on paper, they address our three biggest weaknesses last year - shooting, rebounding and length.

Very excited to be back in a packed Koch arena next year to see these guys develop.

American conference is on notice.
                      I agree! And my daughter made the WSU Cheer squad which is icing on my cake lol. Next year is gonna be fun on a lot of levels!!! #GoShox!
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Perfect example of the portal giving us a shot at this kid....Musselman squeezed him out

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          Perfect example of the portal giving us a shot at this kid....Musselman squeezed him out
                          Love the portal!

Comment

Pedigree ...

Lebron James only lost 6 games in high school, playing for St. Vincent-St. Mary.

2 of those 6 losses were to Oak Hill.

LJ was only able to beat Oak Hill once in three tries.
                            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                              6'7" with at 6'11" wingspan and also a 4.0 student. Always like a combination of smarts and athleticism.
                              Hard worker. Focused. Tayshaun Prince clone (hopefully).

tayshaun.jpg
                              Last edited by ShockingButTrue; June 3, 2021, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Body type/movement/style of play remind me of the late Anthony Grundy (NC State).

Comment

Working...
                                X