Jalen Ricks 6'6 G/SF 2021 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
    What an insane ride over the last 12-18 months. From doom and gloom and losing 3G under unusual global circumstances, to where we are now, this has to be the damn near best outcome possible, and certainly one I wouldn't have predicted. We fell into a pile of sh|t and came out smelling like roses. So happy for the program and really glad Tyson is going to be leading these guys.

Go shox!!
    At times we could relate to Andy Dufresne...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Great get by Coach Brown. Welcome to Shocker Nation Jalen. As you can tell we are quite excited you are joining us

Great comments my fellow Shockernetters.

When I read 6-7 with a 6-11 wing span I immediately thought of Paul Pressey (by the way what a perfect name for that guy). Jalen with perhaps more offensive upside.
      I still suffer from PTSD thinking about Pressey.
      Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

Found this little nugget on Jalen and it stuck out to me as an indicator of his play against high level competition:

January 30th, Ricks scored 25 points against future national champion Montverde Academy (FL), going 6-for-9 from three.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockadaisical View Post
          Found this little nugget on Jalen and it stuck out to me as an indicator of his play against high level competition:

January 30th, Ricks scored 25 points against future national champion Montverde Academy (FL), going 6-for-9 from three.
          Extended highlights of that game, and a lot of others, are available on YouTube.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Brought it up in another post; what's the latest on this kid? How does he look in recent workouts?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
              Brought it up in another post; what's the latest on this kid? How does he look in recent workouts?
              Haven't heard anything recent, but earlier in the summer he was apparently very impressive shooting the 3 consistently.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

Haven't heard anything recent, but earlier in the summer he was apparently very impressive shooting the 3 consistently.
                Man, that was sure missing last year.

Comment

If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

Love his confidence and size along with shooting ability. Anxious to see what he can do for the Shox.

Comment

It would be nice, with his size, if he could get into the rotation. A 6'7" shooter off of the bench is something the Shocks haven't had since...

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                        It would be nice, with his size, if he could get into the rotation. A 6'7" shooter off of the bench is something the Shocks haven't had since...
                        sounds like he is too underdeveloped to be much of a contributor this season.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                          sounds like he is too underdeveloped to be much of a contributor this season.
                          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

I think I'm buying this young mans stock.

Comment

The depth in front of him could hold his opportunities back this year, but next year that can open up quite a bit.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                                I think I'm buying this young mans stock.
                                Me too. The article states the kids trend is up (whatever buzzing means). He's proven himself against, and with, D1 competition his entire senior year. As far as weight goes he's got 3 1/2 more months to hit the weight room.

The last video I saw of an incoming recruit shooting the ball like Ricks was video of Landry Shamet back in the summer of 2014.

Comment

Working...
                                X