No announcement yet.

Jaden Harris 6'3 G 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not sure I can glean much from that video. Cherry picks for a few fast breaks and shoots a few jumpers. To me he looks like a strong kid that doesn't have a great vertical. Power forward in a shooting guard body, sorta Jamarius Burton type.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      The offers mentioned from USC, Ole Miss, and GT are impressive. Recent interest from Shox, and Utah State are too. Cleveland State, New Orleans, and Eastern Florida not so much. I doubt this is a full list. It would be interesting to know all who are fighting hard for him, and who might have backed off. He must be a late bloomer. He doesn’t have a recruiting ranking from 247 other recruiting services.
      Keep in mind for basically the entire past year there was zero in person recruiting that was allowed. There will be a lot of "under recruited" kids when this class really comes into view. Not saying he's one of them ... but just a general statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Keep in mind for basically the entire past year there was zero in person recruiting that was allowed. There will be a lot of "under recruited" kids when this class really comes into view. Not saying he's one of them ... but just a general statement.
        I was. I wasn't being critical, just pointing out that it's not easy for us to evaluate him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          not sure I can glean much from that video. Cherry picks for a few fast breaks and shoots a few jumpers. To me he looks like a strong kid that doesn't have a great vertical. Power forward in a shooting guard body, sorta Jamarius Burton type.
          Athleticsm is really the only thing we can obviously glean from a high light video. Shooting form, and other basketball skills, etc. But not really a good evaluating instrument. I liked Fred's video, and he turned out to be good, but he had some stars besides his name. If we admit it, we can't tell very much from most kids highlight videos.

I like it that someone said that he wasn't a Me first kid, and the coaches would be able to know that. As long as he doesn't get into a personal mini war with others on his team for playing time, I like him fine. And if he turns out to have Fred like leadership skills, I will really like him, but those types of players are hard to find, and I'm not sure that Fred and Ron fit together like a fine tuned orchestra with individual skills, leadership skills, and just "winning" skills that made them into a duo that became something really great.
          Last edited by Shockm; May 20, 2021, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Try googling him. There are several other videos available.

As far as his vertical, I’m not overly concerned about it. There are many other skills/traits that I value in a guard ahead of vertical.
            Last edited by pie n eye; May 20, 2021, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Wendell Preadom
              Good pull.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Not to mention the glut of D1 transfers.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  He’s legit
                  No argument with you opinion. However, is this your opinion from this highlight video, or do you have more information? Feel free to PM me, if you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

No argument with you opinion. However, is this your opinion from this highlight video, or do you have more information? Feel free to PM me, if you like.
                    No inside info, but he is the best player on a perennial powerhouse and he plays in a tough league. Norcross has produced some really good players over the years-Jordan Goldwire for one. The videos do nothing to dissuade me. I was under the impression he may prep for a year, but would be happy to have him on board.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

No inside info, but he is the best player on a perennial powerhouse and he plays in a tough league. Norcross has produced some really good players over the years-Jordan Goldwire for one. The videos do nothing to dissuade me. I was under the impression he may prep for a year, but would be happy to have him on board.
                      This. Norcross is a powerhouse. Goldwire, Al-Farouq Aminu (Wake Forest / Bulls), Bryan Bostic, Jeremy Lamb (UCONN/Pacers), Jodie Meeks (Kentucky), Quincy Ademokoya (currently at Temple), Kyle Sturdivant (currently at Ga Tech), Josh Taylor (currently at Georgia), Lance Thomas (currently at Memphis), JT Thor (currently at Auburn),

If memory serves, I believe Tevin Glass or someone around that time was from there.

Comment

If Tekele happens to be in GA visiting his parents, maybe he could stop by Jaden's and say "hello"?
                        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Wendell Preadom
                          Wendell was a selfless career backup. Always did what was asked. Good dude, but we are at a different place and this kid has the tools to be much more than that.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                            Wendell was a selfless career backup. Always did what was asked. Good dude, but we are at a different place and this kid has the tools to be much more than that.
                            Wendell was a starter as an upperclassman after transferring to Houston Baptist where he averaged 13 ppg.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Wendell was a starter as an upperclassman after transferring to Houston Baptist where he averaged 13 ppg.
                              I didn't realize he transferred.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                              X