X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaime had a decent % although only took a couple a game

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      Kenny (6'11" with a 8'11" reach from the floor) hit over 34% from 3 at Sunrise (I don't remember where I saw it). Kyle, as a forward, was very good and as an upper classmen, he hit just over 37%. I have a feeling that Kenny will get there.
      Kyle's best year from 3 was as a junior at 42.4%.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Kyle's best year from 3 was as a junior at 42.4%.
        Pretty good year. Did they move the line his senior year?
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Pretty good year. Did they move the line his senior year?
          It was increased by 1' in the 2008-9 season, Marshall's second season. Kyle's last season was 2006-7.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
            Have we ever had a 7 footer (or 6'11") that could consistently stroke a 3?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Jaime had a decent % although only took a couple a game
              Jaime was pretty good. This kid is probably closer to Jaime than Brad Daugherty anyway, which is not a bad thing after last years dearth of size. Kenny could (might) have an impact as a frosh. He certainly has the pedigree.

WSU won't look like a middling Valley team next year, that's for sure. I approve.
              Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 6, 2021, 04:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Jaime was pretty good. This kid is probably closer to Jaime than Brad Daugherty anyway, which is not a bad thing after last years dearth of size. Kenny could (might) have an impact as a frosh. He certainly has the pedigree.

WSU won't look like a middling Valley team next year, that's for sure. I approve.
                I almost suggested that Pohto has a Brad Daugherty type game except Daugherty didn't shoot from distance, so KP maybe an upgrade!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

I almost suggested that Pohto has a Brad Daugherty type game except Daugherty didn't shoot from distance, so KP maybe an upgrade!
                  Hahahahahah. Yep.

Daugherty could shoot from anywhere (except the NBA 3) up to 18'. He was pretty good. Those Cav vs. Jordan classics were fun to watch.
                  Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 6, 2021, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Barnwell was on the Drive yesterday. My interpretation of his comments is that Pohto’s strengths are BBIQ, shooting, ability to credibly guard multiple positions due to good foot speed, passing and BOXING OUT EVERY POSSESSION(!).

Called him a positional rebounder as in will get the balls around him but doesn’t rebound much out of his area. I predict that will a source of disappointment for some. Also said he doesn’t have much hops but makes up for it with his mobility and fundamentals.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                      Barnwell was on the Drive yesterday. My interpretation of his comments is that Pohto’s strengths are BBIQ, shooting, ability to credibly guard multiple positions due to good foot speed, passing and BOXING OUT EVERY POSSESSION(!).

Called him a positional rebounder as in will get the balls around him but doesn’t rebound much out of his area. I predict that will a source of disappointment for some. Also said he doesn’t have much hops but makes up for it with his mobility and fundamentals.
                      So basically WSU is getting a smart Post man who knows the value of positioning, and has good fundamentals. Couldn't ask for more. Sounds like he might get some valuable minutes as a Frosh.

Comment

• What’s the over/under on people calling him a scrub because it’s hard for bigs to transition to the college game?
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• How old is this dude? And does he have full eligibility?

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                            How old is this dude? And does he have full eligibility?

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                              Barnwell was on the Drive yesterday. My interpretation of his comments is that Pohto’s strengths are BBIQ, shooting, ability to credibly guard multiple positions due to good foot speed, passing and BOXING OUT EVERY POSSESSION(!).

A positional rebounder (like Pohto and Udeze) is fine if he's getting his man blocked out. Then guys like Monzy, Pleasant, McFarlane, Dex and RC4 can swoop into the void and grab the rebound if they can't.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

A positional rebounder (like Pohto and Udeze) is fine if he's getting his man blocked out. Then guys like Monzy, Pleasant, McFarlane, Dex and RC4 can swoop into the void and grab the rebound if they can't.
                                That's the plan...

Comment

Working...
                                X