Kenny Pohto 6'11 C 2021 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I'm a greedy SOB... I want "Chuks" and a 4-headed monster...

Double line for that one!

Comment

• C0|dB|00dedget yo a$$ in here. HCIB might have just landed another recruit for you to awkwardly drool over...

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        IB has gone after scoring PGs. Hopefully they distribute too.
        Porter is the distributor, but he needs to look more to score than he did last year, and be more aggressive imo. I think he lacked confidence but he showed against a couple of teams (USF early, and Tulsa, etc.) that he could score too. Hopefully, he takes it to heart this summer and works extra hard.

Comment

• I keep reading that hopefully these guys will be patient and wait their turn - screw that - I want an X type that comes in and ask which one of you jokers is willing to watch me from the bench and works hard enough to beat out the next guy up the ladder. I hope this guy pushes Mo to the point that it makes Mo get better.

This guy reminds me a little of Tim Duncan.

Good Job ! HCIB - this was the guy that we've been missing for the last 10 years

#lunker

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
            I keep reading that hopefully these guys will be patient and wait their turn - screw that - I want an X type that comes in and ask which one of you jokers is willing to watch me from the bench and works hard enough to beat out the next guy up the ladder. I hope this guy pushes Mo to the point that it makes Mo get better.

This guy reminds me a little of Tim Duncan.

Good Job ! HCIB - this was the guy that we've been missing for the last 10 years

#lunker
            It appears that Mo and Pohto have two different skill sets. Mo is more of down low bruiser and Pohto is more of a player that can pull the defender out and fit in the gaps. They could be very complimentary of each other depending on matchups.

Comment

• Semi off Topic. Went and looked at the Minnesota board to see if they commented on him at all. Someone posted their current roster for next year ...

I laughed a little. They have 4 players right now apparently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It appears that Mo and Pohto have two different skill sets. Mo is more of down low bruiser and Pohto is more of a player that can pull the defender out and fit in the gaps. They could be very complimentary of each other depending on matchups.
                Agree... and adding Chuks to the mix might be huge; him and McFarlane would give us some great depth at the 5...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Before this I was not excited about our recruiting efforts at all. I was a doubter but this
                  helps a lot. Need a dynamic three point shooter now.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShocker2006 View Post

Porter is absolutely a distributing pg.
                    I have no problem with the distribution aspect of his game, it's his extreme aversion to shooting that concerns me

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      Semi off Topic. Went and looked at the Minnesota board to see if they commented on him at all. Someone posted their current roster for next year ...

I laughed a little. They have 4 players right now apparently.
                      that's what happens when you fire the coach and have a complete overhaul in the coaching staff. Some on here were hoping we'd do the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                        C0|dB|00dedget yo a$$ in here. HCIB might have just landed another recruit for you to awkwardly drool over...
                        I'm on it!

I like big men... I watched one hudl video, but it looked like he was just jacking up 3's the entire time. Anything showing his vertical or propensity for finishing inside 6 feet without the ball hitting the floor? I prefer aggression and knuckles that drag the floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Who's Jenkins? Is he good?
                          He's given most of us some amount of hope.
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I'm on it!

I like big men... I watched one hudl video, but it looked like he was just jacking up 3's the entire time. Anything showing his vertical or propensity for finishing inside 6 feet without the ball hitting the floor? I prefer aggression and knuckles that drag the floor.
                            Casey Crawford couldn't carry Pohto's jockstrap... do they even wear those anymore?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

that's what happens when you fire the coach and have a complete overhaul in the coaching staff. Some on here were hoping we'd do the same thing.
                              You are comparing two totally different situations. No one on here who said to look for the best coach would have wanted Ben Johnson who was hired at Minnesota. Our program is a higher program than Minnesota, and our fans were looking for a home run hire and just said to wait. There is no doubt that IB is better than Johnson.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I'm on it!

Damn, I almost posed the question “over under on how long until someone complains that Pohto spends too much time on the perimeter and not down low where big men belong!

I was thinking more like 10 games not 10 hours. However, I did share your observation of the footage. It’s a lot of pick and pop threes, some nice passes, a few back to the basket hooks over left shoulder, and almost no dribbling. Oh, and zero rebounds or blocks.

Someone posted a link to a detailed scouting report and it doesn’t sound like leaping or shot blocking is Pohto’s strong suit. And I think that’s ok.

We have another 6’10 kid, Matt McFarlane, who seems to have more springy athleticism and rim protecting ability.

Besides, Pohto is 6’11 so he doesn’t need to have the worlds greatest vertical to be an inside presence. Rosenboom can help him max out his potential in that area. From the sounds of it he is a high BBIQ/fundamental player who moves his feet well for such a big body and therefore should be able to play good pick and roll defense. And, although he doesn’t block a ton of shots, it sounds like he is good at maintaining verticality and forcing a shot over a tall defender without fouling.

His offensive post game sounds like it’s still a WIP. He at least has one decent move down there which given his height and ability to step out and knock down threes should be enough to keep defenses honest. Oh, and he’s supposed to be a great passer. I’m imagining some shades Krutwig as he develops.

All in all I think both of the bigs we recruited, Pohto and McFarlane, should be able to contribute and improve upon their predecessors from day 1 and have a ton of potential in the next 3-4 years.
                                Last edited by pie n eye; May 5, 2021, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X