Kenny Pohto 6'11 C 2021 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    If he ever hits a buzzer beater that needs to be reviewed, will we call it a Pohto Finish?

I'll be here all week, folks!
    He's not Finish....he's Swedish

bada bump

Comment

I hadn’t been too throughly impressed with what all has happened since IB was named permanent HC, but I have to give credit were it’s due on this one. Kudos coach.

Now, let’s hope this becomes a normality and not an outlier.
      The Assman

Comment

Any idea how much he played and how well at Sunrise?

Like his coach said they’re facing some solid competition most nights. It’s not difficult to imagine that he can come in and exceed what Bilau contributed last year. Both he and McFarlane look like they could play the 4 or 5 skill wise.

There weren’t many rebounds or blocks on his senior year highlight tape. I’ll assume for now that those two are a given for a 6’11 kid.

He doesn’t look super quick in that video but he also doesn’t look like a lumberer. His coach said he could guard multiple positions which leads me to believe he’s plenty athletic.

I love that he can shoot, keeps his head up to find open teammates and find the open space in the dunker spot. Seems like a high BBIQ/skill guy. Looks like he needs to add a counter move to his left shoulder baby hook. So does almost every young, tall post player.

Can’t wait to see our new post rotation in action.
        Last edited by pie n eye; May 4, 2021, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Like his coach said they’re facing some solid competition most nights. It’s not difficult to imagine that he can come in and exceed what Bilau contributed last year. Both he and McFarlane look like they could play the 4 or 5 skill wise.

There weren’t many rebounds or blocks on his senior year highlight tape. I’ll assume for now that those two are a given for a 6’11 kid.

He doesn’t look super quick in that video but he also doesn’t look like a video. His coach said he could guard multiple positions which leads me to believe he’s plenty athletic.

I love that he can shoot, keeps his head up to find open teammates and find the open space in the dunker spot. Seems like a high BBIQ/skill guy. Looks like he needs to add a counter move to his left shoulder baby hook. So does almost every young, tall post player.

Totally agree. Congratulations Coach IB. Go Shocks.

Comment

Just guessing, we never offered Leons. Not to say we wouldn’t have had Pohto not materialized. Funny how the dominoes fall.
            Still would like to take a shot at Chuks.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

He doesn’t look super quick in that video but he also doesn’t look like a video. His coach said he could guard multiple positions which leads me to believe he’s plenty athletic.

I don't have his stats, but he was the starting center on the #2 HS team in the country.

Add that to what I've seen on video and this is the prized signing of this class. Kid is already a solid talent with ability and a higher ceiling than the others. He will earn time this year and contribute.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                I hadn’t been too throughly impressed with what all has happened since IB was named permanent HC, but I have to give credit were it’s due on this one. Kudos coach.

Now, let’s hope this becomes a normality and not an outlier.
                The talent of all of IB's recruits is very high. This is definitely not an outlier. He is looking like a coach that recognizes talent, no matter how it is "ranked'

Comment

This is awesome. Sign another guard and leave one scholarship open.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShocker2006 View Post
                    This is awesome. Sign another guard and leave one scholarship open.
                    Would not advise leaving a scholarship unused

Comment

Yessss perfect!

Comment

We need to find an athletic freak that needs some developing and can train behind Dex

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          We need to find an athletic freak that needs some developing and can train behind Dex
                          I don’t know if I have any eligibility left...
                          The Assman

Comment

Not sure what his credentials are as a scout, but a guy from the Minnesota Rivals page did a pretty extensive write up about Pohto after he signed there.
                            The Gopher received their second commitment of the 2021 class on October 10th when Sunrise Christian forward/center
                            Last edited by Mr. Pickle; May 4, 2021, 09:42 PM.

Comment

I remember going to a game three years ago and I loved the atmosphere. (Koch Arena) was amazing and the fans were amazing, so I’m looking forward to it.”

Quote from Kenny. It appears that his time in Wichita has been positive and the passion of the fan base had a role in his decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                                Not sure what this guy's credentials are as a scout, but a guy from the Minnesota Rivals page did a pretty extensive write up about Pohto after he signed there.
                                "Pohto has the terrific habit of making sure he gets a hit every time a shot goes up, so a second chance on Pohto's watch was almost non-existent on film against some really good teams and players."

Comment

Working...
                                X