Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Pleasant 6'8 F Abilene Christian Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Had 11pts 8 rebs in 27 mins vs Texas.

did not fare so well against UCLA...but that was everyone who played UCLA in the tourney....even Gonzaga was fortunate to beat them.

Had 10 pts 3 rebs in 20 mins against Arkansas
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Feels like they have done a really good job filling the needs of this team based on what departed. Gives them more options to grab "best available" now with the last couple scholarships

Comment

I would be shocked if this kid isn’t our starting 4 come next fall. I’m admittedly not a huge CJ believer.

Comment

Our front court was so weak last year, hopefully throwing some size in there helps. Udeze was good, but he can't do it alone. We cant continue to have bench players incapable of generating offense. Pleasant and Macfarlane may not be world beaters, but it doesn't seem likely that they can contribute less than Poor Bear and.... I forgot who else there even was.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Saw him play in HS at 6A Tournament. Had great size then. Well-coached too. Looking forward to watching him play here.
              78-65

Comment

I could find no footage to speak of on Pleasant so all I have to go on are his stats and the Shockernet scouting reports.

I like that he is efficient from deep. He sounds athletic and is used to being in a defensive system. Can he put it on the floor at all?

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                  I could find no footage to speak of on Pleasant so all I have to go on are his stats and the Shockernet scouting reports.

I like that he is efficient from deep. He sounds athletic and is used to being in a defensive system. Can he put it on the floor at all?
                  I only watched the ACU-Texas game, but he had a pretty good mid-post face up game iirc. Efficient with his dribble, doesn’t over-dribble like Mo has a habit of. Seems like more of a crafty footwork guy that works his angles well.

Comment

Very nice!!! Is he really 6'-8" though? Cause a couple articles I read say he's 6'-6".
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Nice pickup. We certainly know a little more about what to expect from him, then the other two signings. Liking this class more and more each day. Feels like we have improved the team already, on paper anyway.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

He is strong and physical looking. I haven’t seen him play but his stats are difficult to analyze. His 10-11 ppg and 5 rpg are fine. Where it gets difficult is that his 3 point percentages are very good but he only shoots just 1.5 three point shots per game (he makes half), and only shoots 8 two pointers pg and makes half. His blocks are also underwhelming with one block every 3 games.

He may may be a really good one on one defender who doesn’t have high hops, and doesn’t block shots, but is a low volume shooter. As I said, I haven’t seen him play and this is an analysis of his stat sheet only, but a little underwhelming with the information I have, imo.

i would guess we aren’t done yet.

Comment

I’m happy to add a guy who can get 10 points a night without needing to take a bunch of shots. I’ll take efficiency over volume any day.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                              Very nice!!! Is he really 6'-8" though? Cause a couple articles I read say he's 6'-6".
                              Listed at 6-8, 220 on Abilene Christian's roster. Granted that is no guarantee of his actual height.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 14, 2021, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Listed at 6-8, 220 on Abilene Christian's roster. Granted that is no guarantee of his actual height.
                                I'll take that! I re-looked and the 6'-6" reference was from his high school days...so perhaps he grew a bit more. Whoot!!!
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X