Mikey Saunders Jr. 6'0 PG Cincinnati Transfer to Cincinnati

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuShocker2006 View Post
    I wonder if this means gold wire is wavering.
    is he leaning our way ???

Comment

Hes a elite defender
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

is he leaning our way ???
        Sounds like BYU is coming in strongest, but he has been clear he is remaining open.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShocker2006 View Post
          I wonder if this means gold wire is wavering.
          Is Goldwire leaning our way?

Comment

I get it that he is highly rated and a good defender but we need 3 ball shooters.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post
              I get it that he is highly rated and a good defender but we need 3 ball shooters.
              We had a bunch of three ball shooters and no real pg in the 2019-20 season. How did that go? There are only so many shots to go around in a game and if you have a bunch of guys hunting their own shot, it doesn't go well. You need a defensive minded pass first pg to be successful, IMO.

Comment

I expect who they hire will have a big impact on if Saunders decides to transfer still. Might not get an answer out of him until after that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I expect who they hire will have a big impact on if Saunders decides to transfer still. Might not get an answer out of him until after that happens.
                  I think he's gone either way. Says he's making his choice next week and is pretty far down the road with several schools.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

We had a bunch of three ball shooters and no real pg in the 2019-20 season. How did that go? There are only so many shots to go around in a game and if you have a bunch of guys hunting their own shot, it doesn't go well. You need a defensive minded pass first pg to be successful, IMO.
                    I know that if your PG is shooting 22% from three it makes it very hard for him to drive and kick to shooters. That can quickly digress to passing it around the perimeter.

Comment

I’m not sure about a college guy named MIKEY Jr. Did he do a cereal commercial? If he’s really good, I probably could get used to it though.

Comment

Saunders doesn’t turn 19 until July 19th. In comparison, Council turns 20 in August and Jenkins turns 19 this month. Saunders played a lot of minutes as an 18 year old. He has probably been competing against older guys his whole life. He is a true, very young freshman with a bright future. He spent his first 2 years of high school in Indianapolis so Gudino may have a connection.

Comment

It’s a tough call as to who would be better this year for team needs/chemistry between him and Goldwire, but Saunders provides us a potential pg of the future plus a great defender ball handler now. Someone who can absolutely help share ball handling duties with Porter and another lockdown defender.

Comment

I can't find the quote, but pretty sure HCIB recently stated something along the lines of we're only looking at guys who can defend and shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Well those guys weren’t really shooters, and that was the problem. You have to go back to reaves, shamed, frankamp for the last time we had 3 legit shooters on the floor and we had a top 5 offense that’s year. We saw this year how bogged down the offense got playing a subpar shooter at PG and this guys shoots worse than him. Hard pass on this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by 12eagle View Post

Well those guys weren’t really shooters, and that was the problem. You have to go back to reaves, shamed, frankamp for the last time we had 3 legit shooters on the floor and we had a top 5 offense that’s year. We saw this year how bogged down the offense got playing a subpar shooter at PG and this guys shoots worse than him. Hard pass on this guy.
                                I am just glad you aren't in charge of who the Shockers pass on and who they don't...

Comment

Working...
                                X