Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wufan View Post

We have 5 scholarships open.
    Yes but giving a scholarship to a person who doesn't fit in (say a Junior or Senior transfer to a person who wants to start but probably won't) may present another problem. We've had players (TP for example) who didn't fit in. An open scholarship may not be such a bad thing.

Comment

You have to fill all scholarships and let the strong survive - Competition for playing time drives these guys to get better

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
        You have to fill all scholarships and let the strong survive - Competition for playing time drives these guys to get better
        Yep. Fill all scholarships or close to it.

People here overestimate their ability to evaluate recruits and understand how they fit in. Why don't they stop recruiting when they have 10 players? Even that number of players wouldn't allow for everyone to get as much playing time as they want. The answer is, every recruit is a roll of the dice. If the coaches get 10 guys they want, 1 will be a diva, 2 won't live up to expectations, 2 will deal with injuries, and one will be good but go somewhere else eventually. Returning players are still dice rolls, you just have a better idea of what they might do.

They don't recruit starters or backups, they recruit unknowns with potential. I'll take 13 dice rolls and drop the lowest 3. Someone want to bet against me with a straight 10?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            Hopefully this means something bigger is coming

Comment

Ooof. Another swing and miss.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                A yearly tradition like no other.

Comment

I'm not so sure. The fact that we are listed as a finalist might suggest a decline in our interest, not in his.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Lot’s of calls going out.

Not as many of them are being answered.
                    The Assman

Comment

From what I saw, Holden is a similar player to Dex and Ricky. I don't see how he'd fit in without taking Ricky's minutes and delaying his development.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

I'm not so sure. The fact that we are listed as a finalist might suggest a decline in our interest, not in his.
                        what an interesting take

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

From what I saw, Holden is a similar player to Dex and Ricky. I don't see how he'd fit in without taking Ricky's minutes and delaying his development.
                          True. But, HCIB has said they are going after the best available in their opinion. Since there was reported interest, I would think they felt like he was one of the best available.

Comment

I'm fine not getting this guy. Not really a position of need.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I thought Shox were out on this guy? Announcement Thursday.

Comment

I thought Shox were out on this guy? Announcement Thursday.

Who knows? But my guess is that, as Taylor said, we are out. We did recruit him for a short time. Our name does add some gravitas to his Final list.

Comment

Working...
                                X