• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see the fit.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Looks to be able to score from all levels. That's a plus on this team.

He just doesn't look 6'5" to me, but yet, 8 boards a game is an outstanding achievement at the D1 level.

I think he would be a good signing on a team that just lost 6 players (or was it 5).

Comment

We do have several guys that are similar to him (Dex, Ricky, CJ). He seems like hunting rebounds might be a strength, and maybe his rebounding effort will motivate our other players like him, but I'm not sure where the minutes will be divided. I'd rather we are patient, and find another couple of 6'9 or 6'10 guys that can play the 4 and 5. And then a graduate point guard and freshman point guard for depth.

Comment

Comment

we need a stud 6'7"-6'9" guy that can run the floor like a gazelle, shoot 35%+ from 3, block shots, rebound and defend 4 positions. Is that too much to ask?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              we need a stud 6'7"-6'9" guy that can run the floor like a gazelle, shoot 35%+ from 3, block shots, rebound and defend 4 positions. Is that too much to ask?
              That guy committed yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

That guy committed yesterday
                The hype is not out of control at all

Comment

Originally posted by SkoShox View Post

The hype is not out of control at all
                  Serious? Honest question. I’m actually surprised people aren’t more excited about McFarlane.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Serious? Honest question. I’m actually surprised people aren’t more excited about McFarlane.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I am excited! But I'm not sure we can say he defends 4 positions (in the AAC) based on a highlight tape of only his best plays. Also, there is zero indication he can shoot 35%+ from 3. He is 1-10 from 3 lol.

I am excited that his stats per 30 min would be 16.5 points, 9.6 rebounds, and ~3 blocks. I just don't think this is the guy that fits the above criteria. I think he is going to be good, maybe even really good. But I doubt he ever shoots close to 30% from 3. I think we are still looking for our 6'7-6'9 unicorn who can do all of those things... I hope we didn't just lose him (Seymour).

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                        I'd rather we are patient, and find another couple of 6'9 or 6'10 guys that can play the 4 and 5. And then a graduate point guard and freshman point guard for depth.
                        Oh that's it. Should be no problem at all to find...

Comment

Originally posted by SkoShox View Post

I am excited! But I'm not sure we can say he defends 4 positions (in the AAC) based on a highlight tape of only his best plays. Also, there is zero indication he can shoot 35%+ from 3. He is 1-10 from 3 lol.

I am excited that his stats per 30 min would be 16.5 points, 9.6 rebounds, and ~3 blocks. I just don't think this is the guy that fits the above criteria. I think he is going to be good, maybe even really good. But I doubt he ever shoots close to 30% from 3. I think we are still looking for our 6'7-6'9 unicorn who can do all of those things... I hope we didn't just lose him (Seymour).
                          I agree that his three point shooting is a relative unknown and I’m not counting on anything in that area. I almost posted that myself.

If Seymour was that unicorn he would’ve been on the court more last year and he would’ve shown more than he did in the limited minutes he did play.

I’m not really that interested in finding a unicorn myself, just good basketball players who can contribute to a team effort.

Right now this guy looks like what I hoped Bilau would be eventually. The fact that he has two years worth of honest to goodness experience playing significant minutes leads me to believe he should be able to step in immediately and surpass any hope I had for Bilau’s future, let alone what JB ever actually contributed.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Oh that's it. Should be no problem at all to find...
                            Maybe not easy, but we have a Freshman or two (maybe more than we know about) that we are in the running for, and new transfers are hitting the portal daily, and will be for at least a month or two.

It's better to be patient and not to get a commitment from a player we don't need, right now. We don't need 13 scholarship players in the end anymore. We just need 11 or so.

Comment

Maybe not easy, but we have a Freshman or two (maybe more than we know about) that we are in the running for, and new transfers are hitting the portal daily, and will be for at least a month or two.

It's better to be patient and not to get a commitment from a player we don't need, right now. We don't need 13 scholarship players in the end anymore. We just need 11 or so.
                              We have 5 scholarships open.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Well, 5 would work

Comment

Working...
                                X