Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt McFarlane 6'10 C 2021 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fact is anyone over 6'9 would basically be an improvement over what we got out of anyone that big last year, so....

This guy seems more than capable of at least clogging up the works on opposing team's offenses. Anything on our offensive end would be a bonus.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      Fact is anyone over 6'9 would basically be an improvement over what we got out of anyone that big last year, so....

This guy seems more than capable of at least clogging up the works on opposing team's offenses. Anything on our offensive end would be a bonus.
      Don't need to be big in college basketball these days.

Comment

Maybe this is a hint for this guy?

Also, did JUCO get the same "free year" this year? So would he be a sophomore again and 3 years left?

His twitter account ... followed by Taylor.

Comment

Would be a definite upgrade to JB. Similar size and athleticism but one has skillz, feelz and BBIQ and his highlights are from games not a one-on-none training session.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Would be a definite upgrade to JB. Similar size and athleticism but one has skillz, feelz and BBIQ and his highlights are from games not a one-on-none training session.
            I just feel ornery today, but why are we standardizing our post recruiting to JB. We recruited Hall, Willis, Shaq while in the MVC. Let's at least use those as standards for crying out loud. Udeze couldn't carry those players jock straps, but he is our baseline post player today???

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I just feel ornery today, but why are we standardizing our post recruiting to JB. We recruited Hall, Willis, Shaq while in the MVC. Let's at least use those as standards for crying out loud. Udeze couldn't carry those players jock straps, but he is our baseline post player today???
              It would be nice if every now and then you could come with something besides useless hyperbole.

Comment

Wish I didn't hear that music, however this guy has multiple offensive moves!

Comment

Comment

Comment

He looks pretty mobile and blocked a lot of shots last year. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

It would be nice if every now and then you could come with something besides useless hyperbole.
                        I don't know why you turn on me at this point. I wasn't aware we were adversaries. I actually like a lot of your input. And what I don't like, I certainly don't harbor it and then lash out. Well, that is not true, I have done it with Fev before I think. But in general terms I don't. Do we have a history I am not remembering. If so, refresh my memory and we can keyboard it out.

Comment

McFarlane will give us a different look when he's in than what we could put on the floor last year. If he can give us 5 points, 3 boards and a block or two a game while getting 12-15 minutes, that would be a success in my book.

Comment

for those curious (like i was) ... JUCO also gets a free year, so we have 3 possible years of him.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I don't know why you turn on me at this point. I wasn't aware we were adversaries. I actually like a lot of your input. And what I don't like, I certainly don't harbor it and then lash out. Well, that is not true, I have done it with Fev before I think. But in general terms I don't. Do we have a history I am not remembering. If so, refresh my memory and we can keyboard it out.
                              My hyperbole comment was based on your Mo take this year. This is an extension of that. Mo couldn’t handle their jockstraps? I don’t buy that. We’re all entitled to our opinions but it’s also fair to expect some push back from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
                                One of my family members is a juco official. Has had him multiple times. Take it for what it's worth, "Pretty good, but soft". I'm in the camp that our coaching staff can make kids tougher/more aggressive. I'd take him
                                Watching the highlight video I can see this take. Lots of the offensive highlights he finishes below the rim on offense using finesse rather than going up and through /over the defender. Similar to MU in that way. However, looks athletic enough on defense that he could put on some strength and improve in that area.

Comment

Working...
                                X