Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt McFarlane 6'10 C 2021 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt McFarlane 6'10 C 2021 JUCO a Shocker!

Highlights from Matt's freshman season (2019-2020) at Colby:

https://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/20...tmcfarlaneusjt

Matt McFarlane - Colby CC (colbytrojans.com)
    Last edited by shocks02; April 1, 2021, 11:07 AM.

Is McFarlane the Juco big man, HCIB was saying we were close to signing in Taylor Eldridge's article?

Not a typical red headed Irishman, but he is tall, long, athletic, has some low post moves, and a nice touch from close to medium range.

Comment

Nice, but let's see him pass out of the post.....

Comment

I approve
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Came here looking for the mystery JUCO big man we are close to signing .. this guy fits the bill to me.

Comment

It's nice to see the inside of that barn again in Colby. Sat in there for quite a few games and graduated there back in 1979. He looks like the type of big man we could use. Would look good as a mobile 4 man!

Comment

Yes Please
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I hope this is the guy getting ready to commit. He has skills coupled with size we haven't had for awhile.
                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

One of my family members is a juco official. Has had him multiple times. Take it for what it's worth, "Pretty good, but soft". I'm in the camp that our coaching staff can make kids tougher/more aggressive. I'd take him

Comment

Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
                      One of my family members is a juco official. Has had him multiple times. Take it for what it's worth, "Pretty good, but soft". I'm in the camp that our coaching staff can make kids tougher/more aggressive. I'd take him
                      I would say that most Freshman could be labeled as "soft" - This guy looks like a stud and like you said - can be coached to be more aggressive

Comment

Does not look like he sucks

Comment

This is a pretty good highlight video. Nice to see something other than dunks.

Looks like a decent rim protector, nice mid-range shot, can play inside with some nice post moves. Decent handles for a big. Sign him!

Comment

I've seen enough. This guys can do things IPBC and MU can't do. On the other hand, MU can show him how to use that big body to be more forceful in posting up and back down a defender. I guess that's where the "soft" comment comes from.

Comment

6.5 boards per game in only 20 minutes. Now that’s a stat I like if it translates to D1. At 6’10 does that scream glass eater? Maybe not but it’s better than what we got from our backup 5 this year.
                              Last edited by pie n eye; April 1, 2021, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X