Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt McFarlane 6'10 C 2021 JUCO Verbal to WSU!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Who wouldn't another Echinique? I'm in...
    I'm not saying he will be another Echinique but sometimes the numbers don't tell the whole story. My guess is some of these juco teams don't exactly emphasize running their offenses through the post much. Could be wrong about that though.

Comment

As has already been mentioned, juco ball is heavily guard-oriented. And if there is any other serviceable post player on a team, what little opportunities there are will be spread among them. Because guards take a lot of shots, those long-range misses often bounce out past the interior block-outs. So stats for juco post players have to be put into context.

Comment

His size, agility, potential, and what is shown on video seem more than worth a risk when you have 6 scholarships to give this year. We might end up with another Bilau ... or we could end up with an Echenique.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          His size, agility, potential, and what is shown on video seem more than worth a risk when you have 6 scholarships to give this year. We might end up with another Bilau ... or we could end up with an Echenique.
          I would go somewhere in between. He does have 3 years to improve. Bilau didn't want to play post, he couldn't defend, and his motivation was a problem. He is probably selling himself as a 2 or 3 to other teams instead of just being a good basketball player no matter where he plays. We didn't need him to be a 2 or 3.

Comment

You guys are overthinking this one, just watch the film and it’s obvious he can play at this level and play well

Comment

Originally posted by 12eagle View Post
              You guys are overthinking this one, just watch the film and it’s obvious he can play at this level and play well
              This! If he works hard on defense he can play the 4 or the 5 and there will be minutes.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
              X