Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Goldwire 6'2 PG Duke Grad-Transfer to Oklahoma

Jordan Goldwire Stats | ESPN

Averaged 5.8 / 2.9 / 4.0 points rebounds assists last season. I year of eligibility. Not a great shooter though. 38% field goal, 33% from 3. 6'2" 184 LB originally from Norcross, GA. 3* kid out of high school.

Comment

I wouldn't object, but I also wouldn't be overly excited if we got him. He could give us some stability and depth at PG. Not a game changer, but beneficial.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

An evaluation of Goldwire:

Goldwire’s final year playing for the Duke Blue Devils was one true Duke fans will remember for a long time.

Comment

Can he make free throws ?

Comment

I would take this guy over Jarrod West (even though that ship sailed days ago). He's quick, athletic, very good defensively, and his A/TO numbers say he is very good with the ball. Scoring wise I highly doubt he would light it up here, maybe 10 PPG, but we don't need a point guard to light it up. That's why we have Tyson, Dex, and Ricky.

Comment

Overall 29% from three but he shot 35% and 33% the last two years. As his attempts went up, so did his percentages. Per the article he was on the all defensive AAC team and was a leader for the team by all accounts.

We need guys who can make baskets. They don’t have to be our leading scorer but they need to be a threat to hit open looks at a good percentage. This guy at least appears to be a more consistent shooter than Gilbert and takes half the amount of shots which I appreciate.

We already have a questionable shooter at PG who doesn’t take many shots. I like the sound of this guys defense and leadership but I’d prefer someone who shoots a better percentage from the field.

Comment

Taylor Eldridge mentioned Goldwire as one of the two point guards that the staff is going after hard right now. Go get em IB!

Comment

YES !

Comment

He definitely looks like the best option of the two guys mentioned by Taylor so far.

Comment

Since we haven't seen either one with a really good video, it's hard to know. Both were 3* out of high school. Both signed with Top Programs. We already have Porter with two years of eligibility.

Does Goldwire have only one year of eligibility or the same as Porter with two years? Goldwire seems to have played a role at Duke and is 6'2.

The kid from Florida has three years left. He's only 5'11, but is he super quick?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                        Since we haven't seen either one with a really good video, it's hard to know. Both were 3* out of high school. Both signed with Top Programs. We already have Porter with two years of eligibility.

Does Goldwire have only one year of eligibility or the same as Porter with two years? Goldwire seems to have played a role at Duke and is 6'2.

The kid from Florida has three years left. He's only 5'11, but is he super quick?
                        Watch the video posted to Goldwire’s thread. It’s eight minutes of highlights of him going against the ACC. He will be a senior grad transfer.

Florida guy on the other hand, I couldn’t find any good video though I didn’t look that hard. It’s lazy but I just scanned his stats and he’s not a good shooter, or at least he hasn’t been. That’s a pass for me but the coaches know better than I so if they like him then good.

Comment

Comment

my wish list is him, Robbins and Manek

Comment

In addition to being the only Duke player to make the ACC All-Defense team, Goldwire led the ACC in assist to turnover ratio, was 7th in the ACC in assists per game, and 2nd in the ACC in steals per game (which was also top 10 all-time in Duke history at 2.2 per game).

He isn't the greatest shooter, but was more efficient from the field than AG, although AG was much better at getting to the free throw line. AG also looked to shoot more than Goldwire (although also averaged slightly more assists than Goldwire, so initiated more offense across the board).

If we can get consistent scoring out of Tyson, Dex, Ricky, and Morris (which I think is reasonable), Goldwire not being a huge scoring threat is not a huge deal and he is really good at pretty much everything else (not much of a rebounder, which normally wouldn't be a big deal out of a point guard, but given our rebounding last year might be less than ideal if others don't step up).
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                              X