2021 Transfer Targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Tulsa has now signed Horne again, Chapman out of OUR backyard and 5* Thompson.
    Doubt we sweep them next year. Every year numerous posters get excited and hyped
    over our recruits ( Bilau is a perfect example ) but there have been many others. As
    of right now I'd just say Tulsa is on a better path than us. IMHO PG remains a big
    question mark as does PF and a back up / future center. Our best players TE and DD
    both probably will only be here another season and Mo will be gone, as well. What then
    especially on offense???
    Tulsa has a lot of minutes to offer. A lot of these kids sign with teams with guaranteed playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Tulsa has a lot of minutes to offer. A lot of these kids sign with teams with guaranteed playing time.
      I was going to say the same thing. Recruits know that we have a feature player in Tyson, so if being "the guy" is your goal it is a harder sell for a team that already has a conference player of the year on their roster.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Doubt we sweep them next year. Every year numerous posters get excited and hyped
        over our recruits ( Bilau is a perfect example ) but there have been many others. As
        of right now I'd just say Tulsa is on a better path than us. IMHO PG remains a big
        question mark as does PF and a back up / future center. Our best players TE and DD
        both probably will only be here another season and Mo will be gone, as well. What then
        especially on offense???
        Thompson hasn't signed or committed to Tulsa. Some expect it but apparently OU and OSU are coming after it hard. Tulsa fans say it's a 50/50 chance he ends at Tulsa.

Comment

especially on offense???
          You started out by citing a bunch of exiting players who produced very little for WSU as a sign that we are on the way down. Never mind that we return basically all of our significant production, less the seniors who most never expected to return.

Someone pointed out that the guys that left didn’t produce much so you moved on to worrying about what will happen next year when Tyson, Dexter and Mo may or may not leave. How is anyone supposed to respond to something that far away.

I don’t disagree that the guys we brought in still must prove it but Bilau is not even close to the right comparison to make. These guys have years of actual game experience and footage to review. Sure, it’s D2 and JUCO but it’s still way more than the 30 second footage of Bilau shooting unguarded jumpers in an open gym and his limited minutes in the last two years at WSU.

If you watch that footage and don’t see talent or think that it won’t translate to D1, fine. I get the impression you put more stock in the name of the school they transferred from than I do.

Comment

especially on offense???
            With all due respect to Chapman who I wish was coming to WSU now, instead of after a transfer in a year or two, he isn't going to hang immediately with Tyson, Dexter or Ricky. Maybe in a year or two.

Comment

You give way too much credit to Chapman's abilities. He's not a significant loss to us, and I doubt he'll be a significant gain at Tulsa.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                You give way too much credit to Chapman's abilities. He's not a significant loss to us, and I doubt he'll be a significant gain at Tulsa.
                You're right but he will be a quality and versatile player in the future, and we like Wichita kids to play here.

Comment

especially on offense???
                  OK, Eeyore. (apologies to shockm. Just wanted to try that out.)
                  Last edited by Wuzee; April 14, 2021, 01:57 PM.
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

We lost Seymore, Bilau, Poor Bear, TW and AG and have gained Grant and Mcfarland.
                    This seems like a significant net loss to me. Tulsa heading north and we are heading south.
                    Oh, we aren't doing good because we lost someone like Bilau.

Every year numerous posters get excited and hyped
                    over our recruits ( Bilau is a perfect example ) but there have been many others.
                    Oh, we aren't doing good because we signed someone like Bilau.

Dude's running both the prosecution and the defense.

Can't wait for the closing statement.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

We lost Seymore, Bilau, Poor Bear, TW and AG and have gained Grant and Mcfarland.
                      This seems like a significant net loss to me. Tulsa heading north and we are heading south.
                      Seymour is such a known commodity that you don't even know how to spell his name.

Comment

Working...
                      X