Terry Roberts 6'3 PG 2021 JUCO to Bradley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry Roberts 6'3 PG 2021 JUCO to Bradley

Thanks to wichshock65 for the heads up on this one. WSU has offered this 6'3" PG out of Florida Southwestern State College and originally from Amityville, NY. Averaged 6.1 ppg, 2.8 rpg, and 2.9 apg last season as a Freshman at FSW. Statistically not much to be excited about as he shot just 39% from FG and 30% from 3 range. Offers from Stony Brook, UTSA, Cleveland State, North Texas, UAB, Akron, and New Orleans. His team finished 29-1 last season and was ranked #1. He was named 2nd team all-conference.

19-20 Highlights:

Who is making these offers? It would be like if I was offered a controller position by a temporary CFO. I guess you gotta play the hand you're dealt.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
      Who is making these offers? It would be like if I was offered a controller position by a temporary CFO. I guess you gotta play the hand you're dealt.
      I am guessing the Shox had been talking to him and recruiting him for some time prior to all of the S hitting the fan. IB likely had been in on him as well. Offers don't just fly out without a courtship of calls, texts, and/or visits.

Comment

C’mon man!
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I am guessing the Shox had been talking to him and recruiting him for some time prior to all of the S hitting the fan. IB likely had been in on him as well. Offers don't just fly out without a courtship of calls, texts, and/or visits.
          Yeah, it's just a weird situation. I couldn't imagine getting a ton of commits to a fluid situation like ours.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Yeah, it's just a weird situation. I couldn't imagine getting a ton of commits to a fluid situation like ours.
            I had been thinking the same thing. We lost a kid that grew up bleeding black and gold. What are the realistic chances we land anyone else right now?
            Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post

I had been thinking the same thing. We lost a kid that grew up bleeding black and gold. What are the realistic chances we land anyone else right now?
              It would have to be a kid that wants to play for the school and not the coach. The only places that happens is at blueblood schools.

Comment

Does anyone believe maybe just maybe he had a connection with IB?? IB is known as a great recruiter and has brought in some talent. It's not like he is new to the program. Maybe this kid actually had more time with IB than HCGM. That happens a lot, especially with the decent (not great) prospects. I don't find this all that unusual actually.

Comment

Incoming players for the 21-22 season are going to be down. There's just no way getting around it. And I don't care if John Calipari leaves Lexington to come here.

Next year is going to be dicey as hell.

Comment

I don't understand this offer. We pass on a local kid ( Grill ) who was a 3* and signed with a major now and
                    offer this 2* unknown ? Then we lose the Haysville kid. Beginning to wonder about decision making within the
                    program. Kid may prove me wrong but I don't think he is 6'3 and his juco stats are underwhelming. If he can't
                    put up numbers in juco how is he going to do it at the D1 level? Would love to be proven wrong but this seems
                    to be a wasted schollie to me. Hope we target at least a 3* PG. Are we lowering the bar now for the program ?

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      I don't understand this offer. We pass on a local kid ( Grill ) who was a 3* and signed with a major now and
                      offer this 2* unknown ? Then we lose the Haysville kid. Beginning to wonder about decision making within the
                      program. Kid may prove me wrong but I don't think he is 6'3 and his juco stats are underwhelming. If he can't
                      put up numbers in juco how is he going to do it at the D1 level? Would love to be proven wrong but this seems
                      to be a wasted schollie to me. Hope we target at least a 3* PG. Are we lowering the bar now for the program ?
                      Not sure how Grill plays in to this. That was years ago and I am not sure there was much interest in WSU from his perspective.

Sterling Chapman is also completely different. He was a Gregg Marshall kid all the way. HE decided to decommit and go to Tulsa when Marshall resigned. Not sure WSU had anything to do with it. There are reports he didn't receive the LOI to sign but that has come from his Dad and I haven't heard anything further and it doesn't sound like they went out of their way to get it or sign it.

Comment

No matter where he goes, his nickname must be The Amityville Horror! If for no other reason than he used a pic of that one former player.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                            Jamie didn't have eye popping stats coming out of JC. Believe it or not these coaches know exactly what they are looking for and what they need. I assume they will probably be looking for someone with point guard skills with all ours being Jr's & Sr's

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X