No announcement yet.

Kuluel Mading 6'9 PF 2021 to Buffalo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, this is the type of guy we need. Mold him to be the next Cle.

Comment

He needs to bunk with KR.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Looks like a redshirt to me. Can he shoot past 1 foot? What was his free throw percentage? Definitely a rim protector but McFarlane is a way more skilled player in almost every area.
        If a player can't shoot the three it will be hard to get on the floor as a 4 in today's basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post
          Looks like a redshirt to me. Can he shoot past 1 foot? What was his free throw percentage? Definitely a rim protector but McFarlane is a way more skilled player in almost every area.
          If a player can't shoot the three it will be hard to get on the floor as a 4 in today's basketball.
          Did you watch the video on the opening page - he hit several three pointers. I'm not saying he's not a redshirt candidate but he's not the project that EO was either.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post

Did you watch the video on the opening page - he hit several three pointers. I'm not saying he's not a redshirt candidate but he's not the project that EO was either.
            He would be a great addition, especially if he is willing to be patient on playing time for a year.

Comment

I’ve seen 6’10” 200 lb guys before who are ready to play. He might be stronger than he looks on the video. He can jump 2-3 times in the time Poor Bear jumped once. He’s quick, and has extra long length. He has shooting range and lateral quickness for defense. He may not be able to take on a low post who bulls him backwards, but on the perimeter, his defense will be fine. And with summer weight training, he might be able to add another 10-15 pounds. I think he’s ready now, or at least by November to play a stretch 4.

Comment

Get him and let him take somebody’s job

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  I’ve seen 6’10” 200 lb guys before who are ready to play. He might be stronger than he looks on the video. He can jump 2-3 times in the time Poor Bear jumped once. He’s quick, and has extra long length. He has shooting range and lateral quickness for defense. He may not be able to take on a low post who bulls him backwards, but on the perimeter, his defense will be fine. And with summer weight training, he might be able to add another 10-15 pounds. I think he’s ready now, or at least by November to play a stretch 4.
                  I was thinking more of who he would be behind next year at the 5 than him. ( Udeze and McFarlane) If he can hit the 3 at 35% plus then of course he could get minutes at the 4. If not, then no he is a 5.

Comment

Put at the 4 and pair him with either Udeze or MacFarlane and we can defend and rebound way better. The kid is a jumping jack!!
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Yep, he’s a super athletic 4 that could be a five in the future if he gained a bunch of weight and muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        Yep, he’s a super athletic 4 that could be a five in the future if he gained a bunch of weight and muscle.
                        And this year, if Mading’s the 3rd 5 man, the coaches have 5 fouls x 2 players before they have to play him at the 5

Comment

Dudes not a 5 at all. He can run the floor and has range. Not bad handles for a big either.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                            Dudes not a 5 at all. He can run the floor and has range. Not bad handles for a big either.
                            Neither was Trey last year at 6'6, but they used him when they had to. At least Mading would be 6'10, and can block shots. Perhaps better, and perhaps not.

Comment

This "who's a 4 and who's a 5" is interesting, particularly when one looks at the Final 4.

Houston - They list 4 guards and a 6'7" 4/5 (shoots 35% from 3) as their top 5 mpg players. #6 AT 17 MPG is a 6'8" "center".

UCLA - They list 5 guards as their top 5 mpg players. #6 is 23 mpg and 6'9" center.

Baylor - They list 5 guards as their top 5 mpg players, none over 6'5". #7 is listed as a guard, but is 6'9" and shot nearly 40% from 3. #6 is 6'8" bruiser around 19 mpg.

Gonzaga - They list 3 guards and 3 F/C as their top 6 in mpg. Those three forwards are 6'10", 6'8", and 6'7" who can all run the floor.

These teams seem to challenge what it is to be a 4 or a 5.

Comment

You gotta have 5 playmakers on the court. You can’t have a weak link. All 5 guys have to be guys that can carry the team at some point in game. We didn’t have that, we had 2, maybe 3.

ron
                                malcolm
                                carl hall
                                tekele
                                fred

deep bench
                                that was our final 4 team. Playmakers across the board

Comment

Working...
                                X