Kuluel Mading 6'9 PF 2021 to Buffalo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Actually, he was unsigned, ineligible, going to Juco, and then unsigned again for 80-90% of the thread, so not on the team either for almost all of it. However, Mading thanks you for adding to his possible new celebrity status.
    So I assume we are changing the title of this thread to "Any news on Mading?"
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

So I assume we are changing the title of this thread to "Any news on Mading?"
      Or “Any news on Recruiting”? Nothing is happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Or “Any news on Recruiting”? Nothing is happening.
        My assumption is that we are in a much better place than last year. We can afford to be patient. Plus, it’s still kind of a mystery how all the transfer portal, freshman, JUCO stuff is going to shake out.

Of course we can point to other players and schools like Josh Carlton and Houston and say look at them.

I think McFarlane is a great start but I’m also anxious to see who else we bring in or at least who else we’re looking at.

Comment

Ehimen was committed and signed. Then he couldn't get out of Nigeria. Even when he went JUCO, he was 100% committed to us, and us him, and he signed again as soon as possible. If memory serves, when he first got here, he took some classes at Sunrise while trying to get eligible but the NCAA went and had to be all NCAA about it. So, while he wasn't officially signed during the entire thread, he was signed during a lot of it and was fully committed during nearly all of it.

Still doesn't actually compare to Mading.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

My assumption is that we are in a much better place than last year. We can afford to be patient. Plus, it’s still kind of a mystery how all the transfer portal, freshman, JUCO stuff is going to shake out.

Of course we can point to other players and schools like Josh Carlton and Houston and say look at them.

I think McFarlane is a great start but I’m also anxious to see who else we bring in or at least who else we’re looking at.
            Much better indeed. Last year we lost 7, this year only 6

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Much better indeed. Last year we lost 7, this year only 6
              This is quite the disingenuous statement.

Last year we were returning 43.6% of minutes played and 42.4% of scoring. Next year we will be returning 62.2% of minutes played and 70.1% of scoring.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

This is quite the disingenuous statement.

Last year we were returning 43.6% of minutes played and 42.4% of scoring. Next year we will be returning 62.2% of minutes played and 70.1% of scoring.
                And the loss in production and minutes this year was mostly from two seniors, which is expected. We didn't lose Burton, Sherfield, or Stevenson (I know) type of underclassmen contributors this time around. Not to mention the appearance we were going to be losing Udeze too for awhile or not being fully confident that Dex was coming back. I'm not sure it's really comparable at all. The guys that we universally wanted to come back are coming back. Losing a senior or two each year with 2-4 players who don't get lots of playing time will be an every year thing at a lot of schools. Many much worse than that.

Comment

Has this guy declared a commitment date yet?

WSU desperately needs a better stable of bigs.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                    Has this guy declared a commitment date yet?

WSU desperately needs a better stable of bigs.
                    One more aught to do the trick.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Committing Wednesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                        Committing Wednesday.

Last I saw 3-4 weeks ago, we were one of the teams contacting him most. Taylor hasn't mentioned him for a while though and didn't mention any true High School graduates that we were recruiting. He doesn't name a finalist list this time either.

Comment

• Guessing it’s a no go since he wasn’t mentioned in Taylor’s article. I’m ok with that, especially if we land Rebraca/Groce and Muscadin. Still dreaming here obviously.

Comment

• Taylor says we are no longer involved.

Comment

• Another miss...

Comment

• Does look like Jans and NMS are in the mix though...

Comment

Working...
                                X